Dragger's Guide: Mazdaspeed Protege Quarter Mile Bragging Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmhmmmm

15 something is all I got didn't have a time slip or any one to really tell me the speed or my time. These stock clutch's really suck.

mmmhmmmm

15 something is all I got didn't have a time slip or any one to really tell me the speed or my time. These stock clutch's really suck. Tulsa,OK., Raceway

SirJaime said:
15 something is all I got didn't have a time slip or any one to really tell me the speed or my time. These stock clutch's really suck. Tulsa,OK., Raceway

what do you mean,the stock clutch is great,the tires slip way before the clutch even thinks about it.

BTW,I ran a 15.2 stock @ infineon(sears point)raceway,it seems to be common-no time slip,long time ago.

that track is hard to get good times on though,it has a slight uphill,and poor launchoff pad

I know I should have gone to the Sac raceway,would have been probaly a 15 flat.

wicked said:
what do you mean,the stock clutch is great,the tires slip way before the clutch even thinks about it.

BTW,I ran a 15.2 stock @ infineon(sears point)raceway,it seems to be common-no time slip,long time ago.

that track is hard to get good times on though,it has a slight uphill,and poor launchoff pad

I know I should have gone to the Sac raceway,would have been probaly a 15 flat.

think these cars are capable of breaking into te 14's stock?

it's never been done, but nothing's impossible i guess. some people were close

PseudoSpeed said:
think these cars are capable of breaking into te 14's stock?

Metal MP5 said:
it's never been done, but nothing's impossible i guess. some people were close

when i went to the track for the first time i went 15.2 with intake and cat back exhaust, i think a 14.99 is VERY possible stock (motor wise) but you'd need some good tires to replace those potenzas. i can't wait til i get to go to the track with the DSBC that's all i can say.

changing tires is good enough for me to say the car is not stock anymore ... id like to see a true stock msp do a 14.99 or better

sickspeed94 said:
when i went to the track for the first time i went 15.2 with intake and cat back exhaust, i think a 14.99 is VERY possible stock (motor wise) but you'd need some good tires to replace those potenzas. i can't wait til i get to go to the track with the DSBC that's all i can say.

I was running low 13's stock.......lol. 13.6's on stock tires.

Metal MP5 said:
changing tires is good enough for me to say the car is not stock anymore ... id like to see a true stock msp do a 14.99 or better

i'm talking street tires, like ones you would buy at tire kigdom. theoretically if you wear out the stock potenzas and you don't have the money to buy new ones so you buy something slightly cheaper that grips better, than your car is still stock. but you may hit 14.99 (mj)

BlkZoomZoom said:
I was running low 13's stock.......lol. 13.6's on stock tires.

yea but it does't count lol ... "modified" stock parts =P lol with more boost hehe

yes, if you wear the tires down you have to buy new ones. but the new ones will grip better making your car better ... that's what i mean. i'm just saying id like to see a stock msp stock tire run under 15. and soon that won't be possible anymore because everyone will either be modded or will have to change tires sooner or later lol

i would just like to see it done on stock tires. i'm not saying a car isn't stock anymore after changing tires hehe

sickspeed94 said:
i'm talking street tires, like ones you would buy at tire kigdom. theoretically if you wear out the stock potenzas and you don't have the money to buy new ones so you buy something slightly cheaper that grips better, than your car is still stock. but you may hit 14.99 (mj)

Metal MP5 said:
yes, if you wear the tires down you have to buy new ones. but the new ones will grip better making your car better ... that's what i mean. i'm just saying id like to see a stock msp stock tire run under 15. and soon that won't be possible anymore because everyone will either be modded or will have to change tires sooner or later lol

i would just like to see it done on stock tires. i'm not saying a car isn't stock anymore after changing tires hehe

I ran a 14.7 Stock boost stock tires if that counts lol

Metal MP5 said:

I ran a 14.7 Stock boost stock tires if that counts lol and i went 13's stock tires lol

i got to 14.2 stock tires before the clutch went =\
hopefully i'll hit mid 13s this year, id be happy with that ... but id have to get my car back 1st lol almost blew the engine a couple weeks ago

Ok ! ! !! !

SirJaime said:

So its not the clutch, I still want a stage 3. Ya ya ya I get 1st, 2nd and a 3 gear chirp with the stock clutch, but you cant say these hard ass rubber's we have stock on our wheel's are worth anything. When I was @ Hallet these tires just screem around the corners.

Thats my opinion.(drive) (rockon)Oh yea 15.4 in the 1/4 with a broke rear motor mount.

Last edited:
Heres my info mark me down 14 sec club.

At Rockfalls Raceway in Wi

R/T--(.247)
60'--(2.343)
330--6.247
1/8--(9.322 @ 81.79)
1000--(11.865)
1/4--(14.120 @ 101.97)

On a Protree so a perfect r/t is .000

Heres my list of mods too: Stock tires (potonzas)
3''exhaust downpipe back, Split Second afc W/Supermap, Goldline springs, 10psi, Awr engine mounts, Hiboost Fmic with Greddy Type S BOV, Aem Cai.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back