Does the rod bearing orientation matter?

weetabix

Rebuilding an FSDE 2.0L and got everything back from the machine shop to find that they mixed up the rod orientation such that the rod bearing tangs for #1 and #4 will be on the exhaust side, and #2 and #3 tangs will be on the intake side.

Does this matter? Do I assemble it as is or ask the shop to redo #1 and #4 so that the tangs are on the intake side?

Thanks!

Rebuilding an FSDE 2.0L and got everything back from the machine shop to find that they mixed up the rod orientation such that the rod bearing tangs for #1 and #4 will be on the exhaust side, and #2 and #3 tangs will be on the intake side.

Does this matter? Do I assemble it as is or ask the shop to redo #1 and #4 so that the tangs are on the intake side?

Thanks!

the "tangs" are there for a reason so dont ask them, tell them.

On every engine I've ever seen, the tangs should all be on the same side and the rods do have a front/rear specific orientation. If they just put the bearings in so the tangs don't match the rod notchess then you need to go back, beat them with the rods till they give you your money back and then find a new machine shop.

Back