Pilot bearing loose in flywheel

BenjiHoggi

OEM+
:
Oregon, USA
:
22v Protege5
Well now I'm in a real pinch.

I have a brand new LuK flywheel that I was installing when I realized that the new pilot bearing from my Exedy kit is too loose in the flywheel. Initially I had to hammer it in, but it came out the other side after a few hits. Now I can put it in with my hands. It does stay where I leave it, it's not sloppy. I would call it a "loose press fit". I tried the old OEM bearing and it was the same. I understand that this is not a good thing, as it is supposed to be press fit so that the whole bearing does not rotate.

I feel like I am on the line between being able to use it but not in its current state. I have seen people mention that you can lightly score the inside sleeve of the flywheel to keep the bearing in place tightly. Has anyone done this? Any other ideas? Loctite?

The flywheel is out of it's return period (Amazon) and I've got a few weeks before it goes out of it's 12 month warranty period. Has anyone delt with a warranty process with Schaeffler LuK? I can't find them anywhere online. If I have to I will go to the local auto parts store and buy a flywheel, but I am then stuck with this presumably bad one, and I really don't want to keep spending this money unnecessarily.

Back