Dislikes about your MAZDA 5

my '09 sport has developed a dashboard 'creak'; from a stop, as soon as you let off the clutch and start accelerating the the dashboard will creak or groan, like plastic flexing and binding. I hate the prospect of pulling it all apart to put padding or whatnot.
I sometimes hear a door rattle from the drivers side slider, but it's not always there.
I'm OCD about creaks and rattles and such (drives me NUTS if the kids leave something in the back that rolls around or clunks!) so I'm just going to have to chase these down.

my '09 sport has developed a dashboard 'creak'; from a stop, as soon as you let off the clutch and start accelerating the the dashboard will creak or groan, like plastic flexing and binding. I hate the prospect of pulling it all apart to put padding or whatnot.
I sometimes hear a door rattle from the drivers side slider, but it's not always there.
I'm OCD about creaks and rattles and such (drives me NUTS if the kids leave something in the back that rolls around or clunks!) so I'm just going to have to chase these down.
I have something similar, but it sounds more like the windshield creaking in its mounts.

My sliding doors have been noisy since day 1 :(

my '09 sport has developed a dashboard 'creak'; from a stop, as soon as you let off the clutch and start accelerating the the dashboard will creak or groan, like plastic flexing and binding.

It is just during Winter? I have the same problem and had the same with my 06. It goes away when temp goes back to above 45-50F

The Sliding door is a potential 'friendship breaker'. The well-balanced light effort needed to close the
sliding door always have my friends slamming the door forcefully to high-heavens. I think this door was originally
designed to be motorized, hence the need to have the light effort needed.. to minimize motor load.

When a friend comes for a ride, my front passenger (wife) need to get out to open and close the sliding door
for our guest. "Its broken sometimes it does not close so I'll open/close it for you guys". is our scripted
statement to save the friendship. But there are times when 'friends' beat us into it and close it for
us.. 'zzzag Blamm!' ouch!

we traded our Nissan Pathfinder LE for our Mazda5 Touring. So far we love it, but there ARE a few things we have come to miss in our Pathfinder.
1- Dual climate control and separate rear climate controls
2- Automatic seats
3- Liftgate window does not open separately from the liftgate.

We made the dealer tint the windows and install a dvd player for us, otherwise we would have missed both of those things tremendously!

Other than these things, we are extremely satisfied with our move. I just sold my Mazda6 last month and was really missing it. This thing drives very similar to my 6 and it drives MUCH better than the Pathfinder. We drove home for the holidays and were pleasantly surprised how comfortable and spacious it felt! That was one of our biggest concerns. But my kids kicked the back of my chair in the pathfinder all the time and I didn't feel their feet once on our trip home.

The Sliding door is a potential 'friendship breaker'. The well-balanced light effort needed to close the
sliding door always have my friends slamming the door forcefully to high-heavens. I think this door was originally
designed to be motorized, hence the need to have the light effort needed.. to minimize motor load.

When a friend comes for a ride, my front passenger (wife) need to get out to open and close the sliding door
for our guest. "Its broken sometimes it does not close so I'll open/close it for you guys". is our scripted
statement to save the friendship. But there are times when 'friends' beat us into it and close it for
us.. 'zzzag Blamm!' ouch!
I've had that and the opposite, not closing it all the way... it takes all kinds.
I've also had people that don't understand the concept of pulling the handle 'out' to allow it to close. my mother-in-law was actually rocking the car trying to force the door closed! meanwhile a child can put the slightest bit of effort into pulling on the handle and closing the door ever so smoothly...

perhaps it is just a winter thing, I'm not sure.

Check this fixes. It is (or was?) very common on Mazda3s, Mazda5s and Mazda6s

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=104702&d=1175729025

http://www.protegefaq.net/tsb/mt000005636.html

We drove home for the holidays and were pleasantly surprised how comfortable and spacious it felt! That was one of our biggest concerns. But my kids kicked the back of my chair in the pathfinder all the time and I didn't feel their feet once on our trip home.

One of the main reasons of owning a Mazda5. I believe this is a false perception of SUVs, in reality they are not very spacious as claimed. Same goes to the Pilots and similar

Back