Diesel CX5 Water Sedimentaty Trap and Warning Light

limleong

:
CX5
I am very new to diesel engine not having owned one previously. I understand that modern diesel is very proned to water/bugs/sediment contamination. I have read that on some other brand of diesel cars, there is a warning light and a water trap to drain off water if there is water accumulating in the tank.

Does anyone know what sort of diesel filtration does the CX5 have and is there a a warning light if there is excessive water accumulation in the tank?

It seems to be a fairly common problem with diesel contamination worldwide and it could be very expensive to fix should that happens. I feel helpless because as a consumer, one has no control over the diesel supply chain and you can't tell whether the diesel that you put in your car is contaminated or not until it is too late.

I've driven diesel cars for 17 years and never had a problem with water in the diesel

I am very new to diesel engine not having owned one previously. I understand that modern diesel is very proned to water/bugs/sediment contamination. I have read that on some other brand of diesel cars, there is a warning light and a water trap to drain off water if there is water accumulating in the tank.

Does anyone know what sort of diesel filtration does the CX5 have and is there a a warning light if there is excessive water accumulation in the tank?

It seems to be a fairly common problem with diesel contamination worldwide and it could be very expensive to fix should that happens. I feel helpless because as a consumer, one has no control over the diesel supply chain and you can't tell whether the diesel that you put in your car is contaminated or not until it is too late.

there is a warning light according to the manual and i've done 30K miles in 3 years and it's not come on so far, neither did my previous diesel of 5 years and 42K miles.

Latest posts

Back