Default to 360 Camera when shifting into Reverse

As the titles states, has anyone been able to figure this out? I have recently leased a 2020 CX-9 GT, and so that's been my biggest annoyance so far.

As the titles states, has anyone been able to figure this out? I have recently leased a 2020 CX-9 GT, and so that's been my biggest annoyance so far.

Pop it into Reverse, engage the emergency brake (just in case), then press the Settings button (gear icon) on the display. You can change the default display mode here (as well as display settings such as contrast and brightness).

Thanks for replying, sm1ke. You are doing an amazing job with this forum. I don't have those options, looks like they removed this for 2020? Settings only let me change visual stuff like brightness and contrast, both when I'm in reverse camera mode only, and when I switch to 360.

You can also when in reverse click on your infotainment wheel and that will change the viewing modes. I do that time to time. Also can hit the camera button on the left by the traction control

what i do is just press the center round dial down, and that just changes the views.

Pop it into Reverse, engage the emergency brake (just in case), then press the Settings button (gear icon) on the display. You can change the default display mode here (as well as display settings such as contrast and brightness).
👍Thanks for the tip. Never bothered trying because I would just quickly hit the infotainment wheel. Car's out of town with Mrs. Will try to program this upon her return

👍Thanks for the tip. Never bothered trying because I would just quickly hit the infotainment wheel. Car's out of town with Mrs. Will try to program this upon her return

I believe the process I gave only works for the 2019 models (or the firmware that comes on 2019 models). Based on Toronto-CX9's account, it seems that they changed it in 2020. The view settings may be switched by pressing the command dial, but I'm not sure if that will permanently change the default. After a quick look at the 2020 manual, I wasn't able to find the option for changing the default view.

I believe the process I gave only works for the 2019 models (or the firmware that comes on 2019 models). Based on Toronto-CX9's account, it seems that they changed it in 2020. The view settings may be switched by pressing the command dial, but I'm not sure if that will permanently change the default. After a quick look at the 2020 manual, I wasn't able to find the option for changing the default view.

shoot i have a 2019model with firmware 70.0.335 and it doesn't have this option, i can only update the color and brightness settings =(

Just to confirm that my car also defaults to just the rear cam (not 360 view) when in reverse. I toggle the views but it always defaults to rear camera only when selecting reverse.

I have a 2019 cx-9. It goes back to the backup cam view. It only defaults to the 360 cam when it detects a car beside or in front of you while you throw it in reverse.

Back