Dayton Area Check-in (sort of)

Tusch

:
2002 Protege5
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and living in the Dayton area. I've inherited an 02 classic red protege 5 from my wife, who is the original owner. I'm going to UD to finish my degree and working in Miamisburg. I did do a search but I guess there aren't as many people in the Dayton area to check in haha. So, who all is from this area? Do people do meets or is it more heading towards Cinci?

Oh and I would post a pic of my car but it's not currently in the best shape after a fender bender, waiting on parts to replace the bumper, a fender and a headlight.

Guess not haha

Well I got my new headlight and new sockets as I am switching to sedan lights. Hoping to get it at least functionally in today and clean up and finish after finals next week.

I didn't know there was ANYTHING in Dayton! There's a couple of us down near Cincinnati but we don't meet often. The larger Ohio group is up in the Cleveland/Akron area followed by the Columbus guys. We're a pretty active group (Ohio) so be sure to check out this sub-forum often.

Personally, I live/work in West Chester but wife makes the daily commute up to Wright-Patterson. I used to own a '02 Protege5 in classic red just like yours but now I've got a '89 RX-7 and a '11 Mazda2.

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, not too many active folks in the Dayton area anymore. A few years ago, that was different. It's up to you to recruit!

But seriously, enjoy yourself here. We're usually a friendly bunch (as long as you don't disagree with thinks that people believe is gospel) and if you're going to write anything with any sort of sarcasm on this forum, PLEASE change the font color to pink. Too many people get butt-hurt over the dumbest s***.

welcome aboard...

I live in Kettering off of Whip road if you know that area, I work in Centerville. I personally grew up in Springfield, then moved down here once I finished college...But like everybody has said we're normally a cool bunch of guys as long as you dont go against anyone's "gospel"

Well I'm a really sarcastic person, so.... I guess I'll have to wait it out till I get a feel for the place haha. Yeah I know Kettering and Whip, my wife used to live in one of apartment complexes back there, right across from Knickerbocker. Got one sedan light in, just need to finish wiring it up to replace the stock p5 harness. So if you see a red p5 with a f'd up bumper and fender plus one sedan and one p5 light that's me haha. While I'm finishing my degree at UD, I'm working in the Dayton Mall area, and my wife works at the Greene so I get around the area a bit.

alright i think ive seen you once....do you have 3 kids by chance and go to panera by dayon mall sometimes? well if you see a lowered yellow msp w/ custom projector headlights and bronze (winter wheels) its me....im planning on having some 16x8 white rims either this coming up summer or next...

Haha. Make sure you check out the Ohio random thread. There are a lot of sarcastic folks here. I may be one of the worst. But, it's always a good time with good folks.

Thanks for all the welcomes! Also, I'm 25 and it's just me, the wife and our dog, so no 3 kids for me haha must be someone else

Looks like a good place for my first post.

New to the forums, live in Kettering also. Have a silver '12 MS3, currently wearing black steel winter rims and tires. Wife drives a silver '07 6 currently.

Kinda surprised Dayton has its own thread lol.

Looks like a good place for my first post.

New to the forums, live in Kettering also. Have a silver '12 MS3, currently wearing black steel winter rims and tires. Wife drives a silver '07 6 currently.

Kinda surprised Dayton has its own thread lol.

welcome, have fun theres lots of info to be found on here....where are you located at in kettering? im off of whip rd

welcome, have fun theres lots of info to be found on here....where are you located at in kettering? im off of whip rd

Thanks, I have been reading quite a bit.

I am in between Stroop and Wilmington Pike, not far from The Greene.

damn, im like 5-10 minutes away from the greene....i actually just took some pics there today....if you ever want to join in on one of my shoots sometime let me know

Back