CX5 Issues

bethanybeach5

:
cx5
Im wondering if anyone has any issues with their cx5. My 2016 CX5 is only 5 months old and the navigation started acting up two months after purchasing it. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Or has anyone ever filed for a buy back? This has been so time consuming and stressful any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes, what is it doing or not doing?
(popcorn)

The system will say SD card not inserted, then it will say SD card inserted, then it will say loading and the loading screen will not go away until you turn the car off and back on. Sometimes it will bring up a compass and not be able to even function at all. When it stays on the loading screen it stays. Now, since they replaced the harness, the car thinks the navigation is permanently on as the music keeps going up and down. It's a mess..

Im wondering if anyone has any issues with their cx5. My 2016 CX5 is only 5 months old and the navigation started acting up two months after purchasing it. The dealer did a software updated, then replaced the SD card, then replaced the SD card holder, then they finally replaced the wiring harness. Still not working. Frustrated as we are, we''re now filing to corporate for them to buy back the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Or has anyone ever filed for a buy back? This has been so time consuming and stressful any help is appreciated.

Not likely they will buy it back. More likely they will fix the Nav issue.

Not likely they will buy it back. More likely they will fix the Nav issue.

Well the thing is, they have tried fixing it...they've replaced 3 things so far, including the harness. My car has been in the shop for a total of 20 days for the same issue.. 5 times total. Where I live it constitutes as a lemon.

Well the thing is, they have tried fixing it...they've replaced 3 things so far, including the harness. My car has been in the shop for a total of 20 days for the same issue.. 5 times total. Where I live it constitutes as a lemon.
Is that what you want o do; lemon law it? Seems rather extreme over something so "non essential" as navigation, but if you're that unhappy with it, just do it.

I think for $30,000+ the car should be fully functioning. Especially since we bought this car to take on long road trips to use the navigation properly. We shouldn't be pulling over on a highway to restart our car. Especially with kids in the car.

I think for $30,000+ the car should be fully functioning. Especially since we bought this car to take on long road trips to use the navigation properly. We shouldn't be pulling over on a highway to restart our car. Especially with kids in the car.

Sounded like some kind of hardware issue. The whole Infotainment head unit can be replaced. That might be the "simpler/logical" next step before the nuclear option of replacement the entire vehicle. Has the dealer not suggested replacing the entire head unit?

Yeah, I agree with limleong. It would be some sort of hardware issue and worst case is they replace the whole head unit.
Right now it just seems like they are just troubleshooting and logically replacing things one at a time. 20 days in the shop though if definitely a long time for something like this. I would have to assume its the ordering of parts each time something doesn't work that is holing the whole thing up.

It does sound like something that is somewhat minor to have the dealership buy back the car over but if I were in your shoes I could the level of frustration getting to the point where I would want to wash my hands of it all too.

Good luck and keep us updated on how you make out.

Sounded like some kind of hardware issue. The whole Infotainment head unit can be replaced. That might be the "simpler/logical" next step before the nuclear option of replacement the entire vehicle. Has the dealer not suggested replacing the entire head unit?

Thats great that the head unit can be replaced, however, the dealership doesn't think thats the issue. They claim they fixed it. Thats the issue I'm running into. Not to mention, every time i've taken it to the dealer, they have broken something or caused new issues on the car that I'm not happy about. I think thats moreso the issue I'm dealing with. Incompetent people that don't know how to perform their job and contact professionals in corporate for further assistance. Mazda corporate even told me not once did they call. Not to mention 3 times out a 5 I was never given a rental car by the dealer. It's been a customer service nightmare and the car is still not fully functioning. That's why I've decided to file.

Thats great that the head unit can be replaced, however, the dealership doesn't think thats the issue. They claim they fixed it. Thats the issue I'm running into. Not to mention, every time i've taken it to the dealer, they have broken something or caused new issues on the car that I'm not happy about. I think thats moreso the issue I'm dealing with. Incompetent people that don't know how to perform their job and contact professionals in corporate for further assistance. Mazda corporate even told me not once did they call. Not to mention 3 times out a 5 I was never given a rental car by the dealer. It's been a customer service nightmare and the car is still not fully functioning. That's why I've decided to file.

Sounds like the dealer is the lemon. Corporate will be on their ass and won't pay them for throwing parts at it and 'fixes' that don't work. This may compound your issues with the dealer. Lemon-ing a car isn't easy, especially when its something like a nav system and not a safety component. Have you tried another dealer?

I think you're doing the right thing... a new car in the shop for that long. I'd be pissed. At the very least, it will motivate them to try harder to fix the problem.

Thanks WAH I appreciate it. I have already contacted someone in legal about the issues I've had and they said that due to the fact it's been at the dealer more than 4 times for the same issue it constitutes a lemon. Also, I have been in contact with corporate since day 1 of this issue happening so the case is still open and I sent them all of the paperwork regarding the amount of times I've been there and what for. The 3rd time I called corporate they even mentioned they might need to talk to the dealer about buying it back since it's not getting fixed accurately.

Any chance of taking it to another dealer? Here's a link to the 2016 Mazda Gold Cup Dealerships. If one of them is close enough to you they might be worth a try. Otherwise, I gotta agree with wah.

bethanybeach5,

Dealing with incompetent dealer is a super frustrating especially on a new car that you pay good money for. I feel for you.

I agree with brillo54. If may be worth contacting a dealer with a known good track record as the next step before invoking lemon law.

encountered loading issue today too. You can drive a 1000 miles and it will still be at loading navi.

I did a vol-back-nav action to reset and it went away.

I think I was setting my nav destination when it was booting up, i.e. yet to show the startup warning message. Not sending it in for them to sit on it for one day and say no fault found.

I think that is what they do as they do not allow you inside to see the tests they do (or don't do)

and mine is 2016.5 and a month old

Did you try a hard reset? If you press the Nav, Mute and return button for more than 10 seconds, it will completely reboot the system.

Back