Cx5-2014 Rear Camera stopped working

topaction

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD 2014
Hi during this winter the rear camera slowly started to do strange thing, like showing green line, red... total black out and then another day worked OK. (freak)
But since 1 month now it's not even switching to the rear camera when we put in Reverse. Normally I would think something happen with the main console not switching to rear camera view.
But knowing what was hapening before to the camera i'm thinking maybe the camera fully defect or bad wire ?
Like always this is not cover by the warranty anymore...

Any advice or video to do a diagnostic of this kind of issue ? or place to buy repair part like a rear camera...

One thing dho... it's happened at the same time when we had snow storm and freeze and defreeze... and found that a lot of snow is getting inside between the roof and the trunk near those protected cable that go to the rear trunk (attached picture to explain better). I wonder if the snow/ice squeezed the cable for the rear camera, other light on the trunk is working fine dho...

pics1.jpg

Might just be a dirty/loose connection at the camera. You can get to it by removing the hatch interior trim, then unplug and clean the connector.

Mine was giving me a blue screen a few years back, took the back panel off the door (really easy), and squirted some contact cleaner/lubricant from Radio Shack in the connectors to the camera. Had no problem with it ever after that.

Took couple min this weekend and removed de back panel then removed the camera. Checked everything , connectors, power... everything was fine so I removed the camera and opened it and found what was wrong...
I guess the cover was not seal correctly... water went in and then green rust started to grow inside. Tried to clean it up the camera board with some alcohol but tinny resistors falled apart , the rush destroyed the soldering.

Nice thats not on warranty anymore .. on the next one I will add some glue where the water can get in ..

Geez in Canada on eBay or Amazon lowest price for the new camera kit is 300$ !!

Took couple min this weekend and removed de back panel then removed the camera. Checked everything , connectors, power... everything was fine so I removed the camera and opened it and found what was wrong...
I guess the cover was not seal correctly... water went in and then green rust started to grow inside. Tried to clean it up the camera board with some alcohol but tinny resistors falled apart , the rush destroyed the soldering.

Nice that’s not on warranty anymore .. on the next one I will add some glue where the water can get in ..

Geez in Canada on eBay or Amazon lowest price for the new camera kit is 300$ !!

You must have one of the earlier ones. There was actually a couple of TSBs addressing the issue a few years back. A new one from Mazda should already be remedied, or maybe one from a later model year out of a junkyard.

Back