CX-90 NAV won't update. Can't find solution

air3bwm

:
2011 CX-9, 2024 CX-90 PHEV
Tried to check for an update of the NAV SD card. The Mazda Update Toolbox does not recognize the SD card when inserted. Tried 2 laptops with built in readers and a PC with an adapter. All computers running Win10. E-mailed Mazda USA and they told me to take it to the dealer. This seems to be an issue with other Mazda Connect systems, but I couldn't find a solid solution.

I was told that the only way to update now is to bring the car back with the sd card which to me doesn't make sense but i will bring it in and let them know about the recall that is out on some car regarding the steering bolt that come loose and can be heard on low speed.

Didn't you read the other thread I referred to?
The "2023 CX-5 can't update maps" is a link to another topic with a solution for updating the maps.

Are you sure you have downloaded the latest Mazda Toolbox (for Mac) from
https://mazda.update-mapnavi.com/tools/v100/MazdaMapUpdateGlobalAdvForMac.dmg ?
Yes several times I downloaded and removed to see if a new install would fix it but no. I left the chip in the Mac for several hours and the toolkit damaged it somehow as I took it to the dealer and they will replace the chip today. I’m not likely to use the Mazda navigation since I prefer using CarPlay. Still want to make sure it works as a backup.

I have CX-90 with a manufacture date of 5/2023, just updated my maps successfully here:
That's the same Mazda Toolbox.

Yes several times I downloaded and removed to see if a new install would fix it but no.
Does your SD-card has the same number as listed on the
webpage?

as I took it to the dealer and they will replace the chip today
What did the dealer say?

Back