2017~2024 CX-5 turbo engine oil/filter change interval

Btw does the Maintenance Reminder also follow the maintenance schedules? If so then it automatically notifies you if its schedule 1 or schedule 2 (more severe)?

What if its only severe driving for a few months and the rest is non severe driving?

It's best to just follow one schedule and stick with it. If it were me, I would stick with the severe driving schedule to be on the safe side.

You can also set the maintenance reminder to Flexible for Schedule 1, or Fixed for Schedule 2 (severe). The Fixed option allows you to set your own mileage intervals I believe.

So should I change it from date of manufacture 11/2020 or from date of use 6/2021. So 1 yr later for both is 11/2021 or 6/2022 lol
If your Maintenance Monitor didn't get changed or reset, it'll be set to "Flexible" on oil change from factory. It'll start counting since the new CX-5 left the assembly plant. So you should get the wrench indicator and "Oil change due" notification on 11/2021 if you haven't driven the CX-5 close to 7,500 miles by that time.

Btw does the Maintenance Reminder also follow the maintenance schedules? If so then it automatically notifies you if its schedule 1 or schedule 2 (more severe)?

What if its only severe driving for a few months and the rest is non severe driving?
For Gen-2 CX-5 (not Gen-1), the Maintenance Monitor can be used for both Schedule 1 (normal driving conditions) AND Schedule 2 (severe driving conditions). This means the system can handle mixed driving conditions like you mentioned. The onboard computer will calculate the OCI based on your driving conditions and you don't have to worry about whether or not you're driving in normal or severe driving conditions. Just wait for the wrench indicator and "Oil change due" notification.

If your Maintenance Monitor didn't get changed or reset, it'll be set to "Flexible" on oil change from factory. It'll start counting since the new CX-5 left the assembly plant. So you should get the wrench indicator and "Oil change due" notification on 11/2021 if you haven't driven the CX-5 close to 7,500 miles by that time.
Right hopefully the OCI does show up around the manufacturer date 11/2021 if not then what do you think I shall do? The cx-5 had 18 when I got it so it was driven so technically 1 year from the manufacturer date the OCI should pop up and if not I will change it around the 1 year mark.

Last edited:
Right hopefully the OCI does show up around the manufacturer date 11/2021 if not then what do you think I shall do? The cx-5 had 18 when I got it so it was driven so technically 1 year from the manufacturer date the OCI should pop up and if not I will change it around the 1 year mark.
Yes. You can change factory oil at 12-month mark from manufacture date if you don’t drive 7,500 miles by that time, then reset the Flexible oil change setting. You should see the notification at that time, or the Maintenance Monitor had got changed or reset by someone. Nothing will stop you doing the oil change, and you can change the oil whenever you feel comfortable. Just remember to do the reset on oil life monitor after the oil change.

Back