Cx-5 debadge or not ?

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT
I'm really digging the debadge look especially on this matte grey CX-5 , thoughts ?

I've got a 2016 black CX-5 and figure if I'm going to do it better do it soon,

I've debadged other previous cars but on some I waited too long and you can see a obvious paint fade due to weathering vs the paint covered by the badges

Also, anyone know where to get color matched trunk lid spoiler like this white CX-5 ? the rear bumper with the fake exhaust looks stupid but the trunk lid spoiler looks nice:

Last edited:
Some cars look great de-badged, others I feel look kinda naked without them.
With the CX5 I kinda think they don't look too great without the badges.

It looks clean for sure but I like the idea of doing dark badges (plasti-dip / paint) the badges on there myself. Thats just my option though.

I debadged my 2016.5 - definitely the right choice. I hate logos, it looks way better without them.

Definitely remove the Skyactive badge. That thing is just ugly. Definitely keep the Mazda logo. And I'm undecided on the CX-5 so it stays for now. I took the Skyactive badge off using a hair dryer and fishing line and it definitely scratched the clear coat, as I predicted, but I was detailing it anyways so the scratches were all removed with the same process as I was doing over the whole car.

Back