2013~2016 CX-5 airbag light flashing

Hi all

I have a 2016.5 Mazda CX-5 with something up with the airbag system. Everything was fine and now I get 3 blinks followed by 6 blinks and this repeats as long as the car is running. I think this is airbag code 36. Has anyone else had this issue , trying to narrow down where the fault is

Thanks

36 is driver side airbag. Likely a connection is loose.

Look under the driver's seat and check for any loose wire connections with a flashlight. Someone or something hit a wire.

Also, did you spill water or get melted snow under the driver's seat? If so you got moisture in the connections.

Last edited:
36 is driver side airbag. Likely a connection is loose.

Look under the driver's seat and check for any loose wire connections with a flashlight. Someone or something hit a wire.

Also, did you spill water or get melted snow under the driver's seat? If so you got moisture in the connections.

Thanks. I have checked all the connections but will look them over again. There is always snow and definitely could have got near the connections. Thanks for the info 👍

Thanks. I have checked all the connections but will look them over again. There is always snow and definitely could have got near the connections. Thanks for the info 👍

Oh ok. Likely some melted snow got in the connections. You can dry out the connections using some electrical contact cleaner aerosol spray.

If that solves it you probably want to protect those connections from the elements with some electrical tape.

Latest posts

Back