Credit Card Key Fob + blinking red light

RoadKing01

:
08 CX-9 GT Black on Black
Hello all,

Sorry I have not been on these forums in quite some time. Added a 3rd child to the brood and changed careers, and that has not given me much free time to go online. My CX has served me well during this window, but has developed a problem of late.

In the last month or so I've been having problesm with my credit card style fob. I've tried searching the forums but have not found another post with my issue.

Whenver I push the lock or unlock buttons on my fob the red light blinks but nothing happens. Whenever I try to unlock the car from the buttons on any of the 3 the door handles, the led light on my fob will start blinking very quickly. The doors never unlock, and I cannot start the car without using the rescue key. I also have to use the rescue key to lock / unlock the doors. My wife uses the other fob, and it works perfectly fine. The 2nd fob has no problems at all.

I assume that my fob must have had its programming fouled up somehow, but it still communicates with the car becuase the red light blinks any time I try to use one of the door handle buttons. I get the same reaction at all three handles.

I know that this style of fob is very expensive to replace, and do not want to run with just one working key if I can help it.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on here?

As always, any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Did you change the battery inside the card?
Sounds stupid, but 1st thing to check.
If you did, does the 2nd card work fine?
You need to provide more clues so that people can help you.
It is a diagnosis process. There are a few common issues with SKE. (smart key entry)

First off thanks for the replies.

The 2nd fob works fine. No issues at all. Tried swapping the battery between the remotes. The problem is with the first remote only. Changing the battery did not make a deifference.

The fact that the red light on the fob blinks whenever I try to unlock the doors using the touch pads leads me to believe it is in some sort of error state.

First off thanks for the replies.

The 2nd fob works fine. No issues at all. Tried swapping the battery between the remotes. The problem is with the first remote only. Changing the battery did not make a deifference.

The fact that the red light on the fob blinks whenever I try to unlock the doors using the touch pads leads me to believe it is in some sort of error state.
sorry to rehash an old thread but did you ever find a solution for this? I'm having the same problem with the credit card style key for my 2009 rx8 except it unlocks perfectly with the buttons on the door the only problem is locking it, it flashes really fast and in no specific pattern

Back