Cranks Starts Dies

:
13 CX5
Has 24,000mi. Around a year old, and had to have it towed to the dealer. Found the mass air flow sensor died along with the rear pass shock leaking.

Dang what were you doing to blow a shock AND mess up your MAF?? I have a lowered cx-5, drive hard hit some bumps hard on accident and no bad shock lol. Also swaped my OEM and aftermarket intake/removed cleaned it about 10 times and no damage. Just hit 25k. But seriously, you could have just got a band hand, if that stuff kinda just went under normal wear and tear. Also curious, you've hard your car a year and just started posting in the cx-5 section o_O. Are you usually in the Protg forum?

Its the wife's, so it gets driven quite normal. Purely premature failures. And yes the CX5 is bone stock so nothing to really talk about or need to know. Just felt that this should be passed along to anyone searching for the same problem.

Its the wife's, so it gets driven quite normal. Purely premature failures. And yes the CX5 is bone stock so nothing to really talk about or need to know. Just felt that this should be passed along to anyone searching for the same problem.

Can you really assume the shock failure is premature because your wife drives it? While my wife is a great driver, id be willing to bet she does bad things to her car on accident.

Can you really assume the shock failure is premature because your wife drives it? While my wife is a great driver, id be willing to bet she does bad things to her car on accident.

REALLY? It is a year old, WTF could she do that is so bad unknowingly to make that happen? If we take the op post at honest face value, then clearly what happenned is not something that can be answered by willing to bet that she does bad things on accident.

I would be willing to bet her driving habits are no different than 100s of thousands of other drivers that have not experienced these issues with all different makes and models after 1 year. That would also include many cx5 owners.
He is just providing Internet info for anyone with a similar premature failure...

Normal people... normal. I think the worst she ever does is park close to the store so everyone dings her doors.

MAF really shouldn't die, unless physically damaged, or it gets a nice coat of water, or coated in filth from improper air cleaner maintenance. And even then, once cleaned and dried, it ought to still perform.

Normal is nice and meaningless.

Certainly sounds like rare defect(s), and legit because Mazda (warranty) covered it.

So what does invoice say after the service visit?

Normal is nice and meaningless.

Certainly sounds like rare defect(s), and legit because Mazda (warranty) covered it.

So what does invoice say after the service visit?

Internal short circuit. Just a freak thing. Drives fine now. Check back if anything happens.

Glad you got it fixed under warranty.

You don't happen to be one of the people that sometimes had sputtering issues from the start on colder days are you? Happens to me about once a month in winter.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-and-rough-engine-starts&highlight=sputtering

I am the only person I think that has had the car actually stall a few times. But since last winter it hasn't happened once. I imagine it will be having this issues again as the temperature drops.

Glad you got it fixed under warranty.

You don't happen to be one of the people that sometimes had sputtering issues from the start on colder days are you? Happens to me about once a month in winter.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-and-rough-engine-starts&highlight=sputtering

I am the only person I think that has had the car actually stall a few times. But since last winter it hasn't happened once. I imagine it will be having this issues again as the temperature drops.
I think there is a software update for that. When I brought mine in for service after mine did the same thing I told the dealer about it and it never did it again after that visit.

I think there is a software update for that. When I brought mine in for service after mine did the same thing I told the dealer about it and it never did it again after that visit.

How recently? My dealer told me the same thing last year but it has done it since. Not since its been summer but i expect it will start doing it again soon as it gets colder.

How recently? My dealer told me the same thing last year but it has done it since. Not since its been summer but i expect it will start doing it again soon as it gets colder.

Had mind done last winter. Been ok since.

Back