CorkSport FMIC with SRI

Jacob_

I am posting this up to gauge interest in a front mount intercooler kit that would have everything from the turbo to the throttle body. So the kit would basically be for someone that already has a short ram intake and doesn't want the ram air box kit that we sell for $899. The kit would be priced around the $699 mark and would be similar to the kit that we currently sell, however a few pipes would be routed different to clear the short ram intake on your vehicle.

We have had a few people submit product ideas for this and we just want to get a few more opinions before we move forward on this.

Epic! +1!!!!! PLEASE, it's either this, the ATP or I'm firing up the welder and building a liquid to air setup.

I got around to doing some test fitting with our SRI installed. Here is a picture of our FMIC installed with our SRI and TIP instead of the Ram-air type box.

HPIM6135.jpg

We still need to do some more testing, but at the moment, all you would need to do to your intake is add a longer silicone coupler between the MAF housing and TIP to clear the hot side piping (which would be included in the kit).
Price would be right around $599, but may vary slightly.

Looks interesting, I like how it doesn't go over the valve cover. Any other pics of the rest of the piping and core installed?

You would not be able to use the cold air box without some moderate to severe modification to the front corner of the box to clear the intercooler piping.

The bumper support would not need to be cut.

It is not currently available, but we have everything in stock other than the extended silicone coupler that would replace the coupler from your MAF to TIP connection.

Forgot to mention, this is on a 2010+ MS3. We should be able to easily make it fit the 07-09 MS3 kit. We will need to get an MS6 in here to confirm fitment and routing when we complete testing of the MS3 kit.

Oh geez, get my hopes up. I have a Speed6 and have been wanting to get the FMIC without getting rid of my SRI for awhile now.

would love to see a dyno of this set up vs the top mount intake set up. This really provides the financial flexibility to me and many others that has kept me from throwing down on the other FMIC kit. Thanks CS.

Here's a drawing of the only part we are waiting on at the moment.
It's the new silicone coupler needed for the SRI to clear the piping.

SRIFMICGen-6-445.jpg

Once we have that installed and everything looks good on the car, we can try to get some numbers posted and a product up for sale.
This will ideally fit all MS3's, which will leave development for the MS6 next.

I'm very interested. I'm also interested in a seeing if you can set me up with a package deal for the SRI, RP, CBE,DP , and TIP. Anyway I can get all these part together in a package deal cheaper that what I see on the CS website?

We are waiting for some parts to be finished in production. This is a project which is going forward. Rough eta is the middle of the summer.

-Derrick

Back