• sunset orange

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • velocity red

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • white

Votes: 18 16.2%

• Total voters
islanderon said:
I own a red ( best color i think ) HB and so far no problems with the cops and i think its a myth about red meaning more money for insurance since my insurance ( progressive ) didnt ask about the color.
was my second pick

islanderon said:
I own a red ( best color i think ) HB and so far no problems with the cops and i think its a myth about red meaning more money for insurance since my insurance ( progressive ) didnt ask about the color.

They know what color it is from the VIN number.

white is the best imho. the white really shows of the contrast between the headlights/taillights and the body of the car. ive seen all the colors at the dealership and i liked the only white sedan over every othere 3 there.

orange and yellow? hmm... orange is not the new silver in my opinion... orange and yellow should be strictly reserved for high-end euro cars (ferrari, lamborghini)... just my opinion, the mazda3 just doesnt look fast enough

I really like the orange color, isaw a lot of people looking at my car when im drivin i feel like im a pimp...

Attachments

• 000_0033.jpg
    000_0033.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 134
ok... a few differences between our beloved countries:

Canada

Models: GX, GS, GT (2.0 standard on GX/GS, 2.3 Standard on GT)
Colours: Silver, Titanium, Indigo Blue (now winning or strato), Red, Black, White, Sand and optional on GT Sunset orange Mica

Options specific to Canada: Heated Power Mirrors, Mudguards Standard on GS, GT, Rain sensing wipers, A/C is optional on all models except GT ($1000 CAD), and others (check out mazda.ca for full specs)

USA
Models: i and s
Colours: Black Mica, Rally White, Strato Blue Mica, Winning Blue Metallic, Titanium Gray Metallic, Sunlight Silver Metallic, Shimmering Sand Metallic, Solar Yellow Mica, Velocity Red Mica, Lava Orange Mica, Starlight Green Mica, Nordic Green Mica.

Options for USA: Xenon headlights, DVD navigation, TPMS (Tire pressure system), Spoiler standard on 3S hatch, Compass Mirror with Homelink and a few other things. Check out mazdausa.com to download the specs.

murrato said:
Oh really? I've decoded the VIN and color is not part of it as far as I could tell. Which digit?
I don't think it's necessarily a certain digit in your VIN that says color (like the fifth J means black!) but a production range were painted a certain color, like "J43G6K through J45G8K" are red (yes, I made up that VIN range).

black is always nice. my favorite color actually, but just came off of a black car so figured i'd change it up.

Black is sooooooo hard to keep up! If I'd have known that before hand I wouldn't have gone with it. BUT, it is bliss when it's clean and sparkly - no comparison. :D

For the seats I really like the blue cloth for the 3s the best, so for this poll that means blue or white. Anyone have pictures of a white 3s sedan? I'd like to see how it looks, especially with the sport package and tint.

Kain said:
I don't think it's necessarily a certain digit in your VIN that says color (like the fifth J means black!) but a production range were painted a certain color, like "J43G6K through J45G8K" are red (yes, I made up that VIN range).

Gotch ya!! I wonder if there was a way to get that anywhere

theprophetevan - Thanks for posting that. Was confused at first because I saw your info was from L.A. and I recognize that dealers name from here, then I read more carefully and see you say it's some guys cardomain site. Will have to try and ask him how much that clear bra and tint was. I'm looking to do 35% all around on mine. The clear bra goes pretty far up the hood on his. His car looks good for sure, still not sure if I have a definate favorite though.

IMO only Mazdas look good in white. White's never been a fave color of mine but it looks so right on Mazdas. (yes)

the orange and the red are more of a target...some departments still train in the acadamy that red is a color picked by people who are psycologicly(SP?) gonna speed... My blue stands out sooooo bad but never gets more attetion then needed....most people are trying to cetch up to me to find out what kind of 6 I have due to the "US" spec euro tails...Too bad lapis metalic isn't one of the colors cause this color is real nice with it's blue and purple at certain angles...the only colors I seen on the 3 was silver and black but the dealership says the blue is what everyone and their brother orders it in. I say look at each car in the color if possible and then deside so you don't be disapointed if you order it and hate the shade of color...

I was gonna ask till you said it wasn't your car...there are 2.3 badges in some picts but not all...

Last edited:
Back