Code P2119

jthorn11

:
2007 Mazda Speed 3 Grand Touring
I had my car in my garage sitting for 21/2 days and when I parked it, it was running perfect. I got into the car and it fired right up but my CEL was on and when i went to drive it wouldnt go past 3,000rpm's so it went into home safe mode. It was at night so my mechanic wasnt around...i left it alone for an hr and i started it again and it drove fine. The next morning I took it to my mechanic and the code came up P2119 which by looking online I found it to be my throttle body. The CEL is off now....anyone have any idea what the problem is or was? Is it safe to drive? Anyone have any ideas?

Throttle body is probably filthy and not moving smoothly.

Try using this:

B-12 Chemtool Carburetor, Choke and Throttle Body Cleaner

I've used it. It works and it is safe "when applied as directed." lol

It is an aerosol widely available in many auto parts stores. You MUST spray this into the actual throttle body with the engine running at idle a few seconds at a time. DO NOT spray it into the intake ahead of the throttle body as you do not want this stuff getting into the MAF sensor, the turbo compressor or the intercooler. You remove the "cold side" hose/coupler between the intercooler and the throttle body to expose the throttle body and spray it in there.

If that does not solve the problem you will probably have to remove the throttle body and clean it thoroughly. There are also some electrical sensor related issues that could cause your complaints, but we'll not get into that for now. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
my car has just done the same thing.... throttle body code. I disconnected the battery and connected it again and the CEL when out. How did you go with cleaning the trottle body did it solve the problem?

Back