Cobb AP Discussion Thread

back when I was hosting it else where it cost me about $100 for the year. But thats when PG sponsored me and was basically taking care of it. Since I stopped that I switched to free web hosting so now it's just the cost of the domain.

4th Gear pull 3K-6K Datalog

Could someone take a look at these datalogs. Stage 1 + TIHSF 93 v102. PG SRI, COBB TIP, DENSO ITV22 are my only mods. 4th gear 3200-6000, WOT, TEMP: 40 Deg +/-, car was properly warm. The tune has been on the car for a few days, long enough for the ECU to learn fully. Boost seems a little on the low side, other than that it looks good to me. Am I missing anything? Let me know if I need to do another log with more data being logged.

Datalog 5 was done about 5 min before datalog 6. Same conditions, same map.

Attachments

• Datalog 5 full + AFR BOOST (page 2).xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Datalog 6 full + AFR BOOST (page 2).xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Waiting for ATR now. Looking forward to messing with LC and FFS. One question though, are they both always on once you enable them, or is there a way to turn them on and off from inside the car. I'm afraid my wife will use them all the time. To her, life is a race, and she is not a good looser.

No turning it off, FFS is good for her if she's speed shifting (I need me a girl like that) LC is just a low mph rev limiter, no biggie. Whats fun to mess with is all the other things in there, do your home work!

That's what I am doing now, and I really appreciate the help. So far I have read the first 50 or so pages of this thread. Working my way through it. The AP that I am using is borrowed from a friend. He took his car back to stock to have some warentee work (smoking turbo) done. He has the same mods as me, so he will be able to use whatever I come up with when I am done. He had the AP for a year and never messed with any of this stuff. I was thinking that trying the AP would help me decide between it and the Hypertech. LC and FFS are one of the major differences, that's why I am trying to set it up. I look forward to getting ATR to see how it works.

My wife cracks me up. She claims to hate all the modding that I do, but once she is behind the wheel she just puts the pedal down and smiles. Like I said, life is a race for her. She even tried to beat me home once on this very curvy road near our house. I finally had to slow down so she didn't wreck the MS6. There is no quit in her. I looked in the rearview at one point to see her coming around a tight 90 deg corner with all four wheels spinning, tail out, and a wicked grin on her face. Thats why I am a little concerned about what she does when I am not around. I wish the local drag strip was still open. I started taking her there for "Ladies Night", free racing and admission for Ladies. It seemed to quench her need to go fast for a few weeks when I took her.

So if I understand ATR correctly, it will let you modify the Cobb maps for MAF correction ect? If so, thats pretty sweet. That way you can use their maps as a starting point and it should be much earier to get a solid tune. Much better than starting from scratch like I would have to do with the AP I have for my 8.

Last edited:
New Version of ATR on monday
Looking like a Monday release guys. We can't release on a Friday and there was more testing necessary than usual. We've moved over to a new code repository system since the last release so the developers wanted to do a higher degree of testing than normal to verify everything was working as expected. Don't want to grenade any ECUs.

Here is a sneak peek of the release notes:

New Features:

•Tuner Auto Updater
•Users can accesss tuner software updates through the "Help/Updates" menu.
•Users will no longer have to download the latest tuner version to stay up-to-date.
•Rollback - users also have the ability to rollback to the previous release of Tuner by using the "Help/Updates/Rollback last update" option.
•Added <acronym title="Cobb Access Port">AP</acronym> MGR 2.0 Installer
•Added HPFP Control Tables (BETA)
•HPFP Desired Pressure - Max A
•HPFP Desired Pressure - Max B
•HPFP Desired Pressure A
•HPFP Desired Pressure B
•HPFP Desired Pressure C
•HPFP Desired Pressure ECT Comp
•Added Knock Tables (BETA)
•Knock Retard - Decay Magnitude A
•Knock Retard - Decay Magnitude B
•Knock Retard - Decay Rate A
•Knock Retard - Decay Rate B
•Knock Retard - Multiplier
•Knock Retard - Offset
•Knock Retard Active - Min ECT
•Knock Retard Active - Min Load A
•Knock Retard Active - Min Load B
•Knock Retard Active - RPM (Max)
•Knock Retard Active - RPM (Min)
•Added Radiator Fan Tables (BETA)
•Radiator Fan - ECT Thresholds
•Radiator Fan - Voltage Compensation
•Added MAP Sensor Scaling Tables (Sesnor Cal. Tables)
•MAP Scalar for EM - Component A
•MAP Scalar for EM - Component B
•MAP Scalar for EM - Offset
•MAP Scalar for Log - Component A
•MAP Scalar for Log - Component B
•MAP Scalar for Log - Offset
•MAP Scalar for OBD - Component A
•MAP Scalar for OBD - Component B
•MAP Scalar for OBD - Offset
•Added Ignition Compensation Tables
•Ign BAT vs ECT Comp. - % Used
•Ign BAT vs ECT Comp. A
•Ign BAT vs ECT Comp. B
•Ign Low Octane Reduction
•Ign Per Cylinder Comp.
•Increased Boost Pressure Logging Limit
•Increased limit to log boost pressure above 24 PSI.
Bug Fixes:

•Fixed MIL Defeat
•MIL defeat implementation has been corrected for 06-07 <acronym title="Mazdaspeed 6">MS6</acronym>, 07-08 <acronym title="Mazdaspeed 3">MS3</acronym>, and 09 <acronym title="Mazdaspeed 3">MS3</acronym>.
•See "Edit\Advanced Engine Parameters\Toggles(Base)" for complete list of defeatable codes.
•Fixed Live Tracing

I also added toggled to enable individual cylinder ignition compensation.

A toggle is available to switch the ECU from using the Load Dynamics table to instead use the Boost Dynamics table. What this means is instead of the ECU tweaking the WG Duty cycle based on Load Error (difference of Desired Load against Actual Load) it will instead control the turbo based on Boost Error (different of Desired Boost against Actual Boost).

Finally a toggle is added to activate the Load Target table. This just enable a more simplistic Load Target functionality for the ECU so instead of using all the various potential gear based and other logic driven Load Target tables it simply pulls the target from the single Load Target table and runs with it.

Both those toggles have been added to assist you all with stable boost control. Of course you don't need to use them and the system will continue to operate 100% as before.

Cheers,
Trey @ COBB

With ATR you can callibrate your MAF to get your fuel trims within range. I know it's a lot but the pdf on ATR would help a lot, have it on hand. You can spend as much time on tuning as you'd want to i promise.

I need some advice on an economy map for my mods, the econ map on the AP is for stock. Any help?

With ATR you can callibrate your MAF to get your fuel trims within range. I know it's a lot but the pdf on ATR would help a lot, have it on hand. You can spend as much time on tuning as you'd want to i promise.

I need some advice on an economy map for my mods, the econ map on the AP is for stock. Any help?

why not just copy your maf tables over to it

Thanks for the info. Looks like I am SOL for the weekend, but should be plenty busy with this next week.

I'm gonna spend some time today making sure all the hose clamps are on good and tight. If I don't find any leaks, then I will look at the boost tables and see about raising the boost a little (1-2psi). LC is great. Its hard on the car, but it really makes launching the car a breeze. I need to play with the FFS settings, I don't think I have them right. I think I need to increase the Vehicle Hysteresis (sp?) Speed. I currently have it set at 6 or 10 mph, but I think I need to set it much higher, faster than the car will go, to make it work at any speed. Lots of reading for me today.

BTW, I got ATR from Cobb yesterday evening.

I'm gonna spend some time today making sure all the hose clamps are on good and tight. If I don't find any leaks, then I will look at the boost tables and see about raising the boost a little (1-2psi). LC is great. Its hard on the car, but it really makes launching the car a breeze. I need to play with the FFS settings, I don't think I have them right. I think I need to increase the Vehicle Hysteresis (sp?) Speed. I currently have it set at 6 or 10 mph, but I think I need to set it much higher, faster than the car will go, to make it work at any speed. Lots of reading for me today.

I stole this from one of Bova's earlier posts.

FFS Rev Limiter: 4600rpm
Launch Control Rev Limiter: 4100rpm
Normal Rev Limiter: 6700rpm
Speed Limiter Hysteresis: 4mph
Vehicle Speed Limiter: 10mph

These are settings i'm using for LC and FFS. You have to set the VSL low so you don't get limited by the launch control rev limiter in first gear.

I got it working. Also updated the map I am using and the one you use to idle @ 900. Mad three versions of each map. one with a more aggressive LC, one with a lower LC setting and one with no LC at all. Have not had much time to mess with it because I have been running around all day with the family. I may go for a drive shortly to play with the settings. I will load all the maps on the AP before I give it back. BTW my mind is made up, I want an AP for sure. ATR makes it such a powerful tool. I am barely scratching the surface and I love it. It really appeals to the geek in me. So much to learn, so much potential.

I got it working. Also updated the map I am using and the one you use to idle @ 900. Mad three versions of each map. one with a more aggressive LC, one with a lower LC setting and one with no LC at all. Have not had much time to mess with it because I have been running around all day with the family. I may go for a drive shortly to play with the settings. I will load all the maps on the AP before I give it back. BTW my mind is made up, I want an AP for sure. ATR makes it such a powerful tool. I am barely scratching the surface and I love it. It really appeals to the geek in me. So much to learn, so much potential.

I expected you to say that once you had it for a little while man. I am glad you like, now keep any eye out for a MS3/MS6 AP in the for sale section.

Don't mess w/the boost tables. Just upp your calculated load in all gears, more so in 1st-4th, more boost in the high gears can be bad.

If he is already at the limits of the boost targets tables this will not increase boost, might change timing a bit. The The car will then make adjustments to keep boost at the targeted level.
There are quite a few tables that work togeather. Before messing around read the help file. It will tell you in detail what each table does and how another table relate.

Thanks a lot for the info. I tightened down all the hose clamps and all seems to be good. Running stage 2 SF 93 after installing the TP on sunday. Its now holding 18 lbs and the tune seems good.

I think I'm going to go back to a Stage 1 tune. I was seeing KR on partial throttle all the way through the mid range. The LTFT's were also all over the place on partial throttle. I just think that map was too aggressive for the mild level of mods that I have. Going back to Stage1+ TIHSF map. The version that I have is 1.02, is there a more recent updated version out there?

Back