clutch problem

i have a 1989 mazda 626 4 cyl fi
just the other day i noticed i had alot of play in my clutch it goes down to about 3 inches from the floor before it starts getting any tension at all.
so today i figured i would try to bleed it and add a little more fluid and now i do not have any clutch it just goes all the way down to the floor and doesnt pop back up.
if i sit there and pump it really fast with my hand for about 3 minutes it will start building pressure and i will have a clutch again but then after a few minutes back down to nothing.

i was thinking it was either the master or slave cylinder are going bad and maybe leaking internally (there are no fluids leaking out of it and it was full)

does anyone have any other suggestions, or could i be on the right path?
if it ends up being the clutch itself i will probably junk the car but if its an easier fix i will end up keeping it.

any info would be great

^This.

The same thing happened to my Rx7. My suggestion would be to replace both master and slave. If one is gone, the other is either gone, too, or on its way out.

-Jay

ok just wasnt sure because i didnt see any fluids leaking out of it.
but i remember with my brakes on a different car i was having the same problem and it was leaking internally so i never seen any fluids

thanks for all the help i appreciate it

Back