Clutch HELP!!!!!!!!*85RX7*

houle420

:
85 RX7 GLS Turbo
Can somebody help I have a clutch problem on a 85 RX7 is is a dissengage problem, it dosent seem to want to dissengage . Its only at slow rpm and only when it feels like it. I have bled it twenty times and it isnt worn out or else it would slip so i have no F'N idea any help would be appreciated THX

does it make a weird chattery noise when it is depressed...

Mine did that and wouldn't disengage when teh throw out bearing disentegrated...

otherwise it's probably a hydraulic issue... Does it get better if you pump te clutch a couple time? Then I'd say start with the slave cylinder. They're cheap at nopionline.com

clutch is not working period

Well it is done now it wont engage and my clutch is mushy as @#$% it used to get better when i pumped it now it dosent not too sure it is Hydrolic though so if any one can help please do

rx7gslse said:
does it make a weird chattery noise when it is depressed...

Mine did that and wouldn't disengage when teh throw out bearing disentegrated...

otherwise it's probably a hydraulic issue... Does it get better if you pump te clutch a couple time? Then I'd say start with the slave cylinder. They're cheap at nopionline.com

houle420 said:
Well it is done now it wont engage and my clutch is mushy as @#$% it used to get better when i pumped it now it dosent not too sure it is Hydrolic though so if any one can help please do

If it initially improved after pumping the pedal, I'm thinking that would point to a hydraulic issue...likely the slave. Check the system and lines, look for any leaking fluid. But I agree with gslse. If it is the slave, I don't think they're that much and (IMHO) I'd try to get a new one. I haven't had much luck with rebuilt stuff.

houle420 said:
what if there is no fluid leaking anywhere still a hydrolic issue???

Well, I'm not an authority, but I think so.
It still could be your slave. The hydraulic piston just isn't holding pressure anymore, but doesn't leak externally. Not sure about the FCs, but the FD slave is located adjacent to the left side of the transmission bell-housing.

yeah, it doesn't have to leak fluid to be non-functional.. it doesn't build the pressure it shoudl to engage the clutch.

I had to replace mine awhile back.. it's really easy, two bolts on top form teh drivers side then bleed the system. Took maybe 30 minutes.

As I said, check nopionline.com Slave's are about $20

thx it was both worn out they were full of metal shavings from the worn out piston thx 4 the help anyone looking 4 a gsle 84 with 40 thousand km all orig ?????????

Back