clocking turbo

highflyin285

Potential Scammer!
:
2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege
I am curious if anyone has done this, it seems simple but i'm just looking for advice on how to do it, thank you!

Basically what I need to do is spin the chra 90 because the way it is right now the oil feed and drain are level with the motor instead of up and down, plus I want to angle the compressor housing downward to shorten the hot pipe

The exhaust side is easy, 6 bolts and the heads of the bolts press the housing off as they are coming out. the compressor side is held in place by a large snap ring. You will need a heavy pair of snap ring pliers to pop that sucker off. Some use modified needle nose pliers to get it off.

Here's my own take on it...
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzktMjAxMTA5MjctMjE0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzgtMjAxMTA5MjctMjEyOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzctMjAxMTA5MjctMjEyOC5qcGc.jpg

hey Jspeed17 can you post more pics of your motor and FMIC, please i want to see the hole routing and configuration.

Sick frontmount setup i need to show this to my mechanic for my new turbo setup lol Bump for more pictures

Jspeed, are you just running with only one fan? The one missing is just for the A/C, maybe you don't need it in CT.

Jspeed, are you just running with only one fan? The one missing is just for the A/C, maybe you don't need it in CT.

Haha, no i have two...i swapped my other slim fan to the front of the condensor to be "blow through", cuz the hot turbo kept burning out the fan motors...lol
AND we definitely need a/c here in CT....90 degrees and 90% humidity???? No thank you. Dry heat in AZ totally different!!!

jspeed that looks pretty damn clean! I eventually want to go that route and EWG by december or income taxes next year.

Thanks bro. Since these pics my Thunder cracked again, painted the stock Callaway mani with 2000 degree header paint. s*** looks tough...lol

Back