Clicking sound when put in Reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is an '07 GT with the 20" stock wheels. The dealer said nothing about the splines being split. It has been a week since they greased the parts and no noise since. Let me know what happens.

Well my dealer upon further investigation said they were not split and greased them and told me to come pick it up!

Over 300 views of this thread and only 20 replies. Ether non cx-9 owners read this thread or most cx-9 owners do not have this problem. I cant wait till Im able to go to the dealer to have this checked out. I feel bumbed about the clicking sound. You know that Mazda knows about this problem but yet do not have a TSB out that adresses this. Seems it would be to their customer satisfaction that they would fix this on all cx-9s before delivery. I love the cx-9 but can anyone feel my frustration? Sorry. Just venting.

Seems like only 2 of us went to the dealer and unfortuinatly they will need to see more than that to issue a tsb. They are aware of it though cause I sent a link for this thread to service manager at my dealership and that is when he decided to pack it with grease and see if that helped.

The 9 goes in for an oil change tomarrow and for the clicking sound when put in reverse. I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and for the 3 months i have had the 9 I have only seen one, other than mine, on the road. I hope that the dealer knows what to do about this problem. Ill keep you guys posted.

Well, I join the club, mine does it also. Whats the problem exactly???

I love my zoom zoom baby.

Another one

Add me to the list. I'm experiencing it too. Right now, I have no time to take it in to the dealer, however.

BTW, I have AWD and its a 2007.

Last edited:
Hey OMF, I tried what you are saying. With engine cold I put it in reverse. (click) I then moved back in reverse about five feet and put back to park. I tried to make the clicking sound several times by putting it in reverse-park-reverse-nutral-reverse-drive. It would not make the noise again. Maybe somthing to do with tdranny fluid. Even if its this simple I wonder if it will cause problems in the future?

Here is another one to try: Start the engine keep it running for like 40 sec, and put it in reverse. No clicking sound on mine. How about yours?

Here is another one to try: Start the engine keep it running for like 40 sec, and put it in reverse. No clicking sound on mine. How about yours?

I'll try it today and let u know. Hasnt anyone figured out whats the problem?

All the people solved this problem greasing the splines??? YES OR NO?

And then, a picture or link or info , what are the splines???

I have the same clicking sound when first putting the car into reverse after it has been parked. I just chalked it up to cold tranny fluid. I have not gone to the dealership as it doesn't bother me, that is till the tranny decides to explode.

I have the same clicking sound when first putting the car into reverse after it has been parked. I just chalked it up to cold tranny fluid. I have not gone to the dealership as it doesn't bother me, that is till the tranny decides to explode.

hahahaha (wow)(braindead

Anyway, it does bother to me, since I want it to be smooth as butter, and seems no one that solved the problem (if they did) is willing to explain how exactly (ughdance)

Well mine is starting to do it again1

When you put it in reverse is makes a nasty clicking noise. Only clicks like 2 quick times then quits.

it does it hot or cold but not every time?

Dealer will say it is because of the weight of my wheels but I find that hard to believe with so many others having the same problem.

Im gettin tired of this, nobody helps in here, what are the splines exactly, any diagram or info,

Spline.

Attached is a picture of what a splined shaft looks like - the blue part is the splined portion.

I got it off the Internet with a simple search and about 2 minutes time. You could have too, if you'd have bothered to try.

I've found that people here are generally more than willing to share information and answer questions, if they know the answer. In the case of this clicking nobody is absolutely sure of the cause, or a definitive cure, yet. What they're conveying is what their dealers have done and the results they got.

Unsolicited advice: Tone down the rhetoric. You'll get a better reception, and more cooperation, being pleasant instead of demanding and whiney.

Ted

Attachments

• spline2.jpg
    spline2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Attached is a picture of what a splined shaft looks like - the blue part is the splined portion.

I got it off the Internet with a simple search and about 2 minutes time. You could have too, if you'd have bothered to try.

I've found that people here are generally more than willing to share information and answer questions, if they know the answer. In the case of this clicking nobody is absolutely sure of the cause, or a definitive cure, yet. What they're conveying is what their dealers have done and the results they got.

Unsolicited advice: Tone down the rhetoric. You'll get a better reception, and more cooperation, being pleasant instead of demanding and whiney.

Ted

Thank u ted for your spline figure, I appreciate it, too bad, u came to help been a smartass. So what u did with one hand, erased with the other. Of course I could have looked that info on google, but why do that when u are in cx-9 forum? Then whats the point of this forum??

U see, there are threads here with many questions that the answer is found reading the manual, in fact members here inserts figures or manual pages!! and still, these people come here for help and people dont come with your speech, ( if u have bothered to read the manual u would know the answer already , yeah, thats me, Ted giving u an advice) they just give them the answer despite it says it all on the manual, so why dont u set them to read the manual? So I could say, oh youre only a newbie, and probably shouldnt care with what u say, but thats reality, people in these forum expect help from others members, regardless of the issue, is just about helping each other and not been smartass.

Now, if u been waiting for a solution for this for more than 45days maybe isnt that bad saying that u are tired cause no solution has arrived... or maybe thats too much of a demand and so much whining, right? I have been very pleasant and patient, just asking for more action, for attention to this problem, but if no one really knows, well , thats ok, I understand.

Of course everyone tries to help, if I didnt trust on that , I wouldnt even bother to ask questions regarding the solution of that very common issue of our beloved cx-9s.

For anyone interested, vBulletin forum software (i.e. forum software running here) has a user ignore feature. You access it as follows:

- find User CP on the top menu bar
- find Buddy / Ignore Lists on the left menu column
- add user to Ignore list, 2nd window

Thank you 100$ GUY for encouraging me to find this feature. Is that smartass enough for you?

For anyone interested, vBulletin forum software (i.e. forum software running here) has a user ignore feature. You access it as follows:

- find User CP on the top menu bar
- find Buddy / Ignore Lists on the left menu column
- add user to Ignore list, 2nd window

Thank you 100$ GUY for encouraging me to find this feature. Is that smartass enough for you?

NO, just pretty lame, anything else? Youre welcome dude. I just wonder, how my answer affected u? are u related to ted? I dont know, but is pretty weird the atitude u took. Indeed out of the ballkpark! hahaha

Last edited:
Thank u ted for your spline figure, I appreciate it, too bad, u came to help been a smartass. So what u did with one hand, erased with the other. Of course I could have looked that info on google, but why do that when u are in cx-9 forum? Then whats the point of this forum??

U see, there are threads here with many questions that the answer is found reading the manual, in fact members here inserts figures or manual pages!! and still, these people come here for help and people dont come with your speech, ( if u have bothered to read the manual u would know the answer already , yeah, thats me, Ted giving u an advice) they just give them the answer despite it says it all on the manual, so why dont u set them to read the manual? So I could say, oh youre only a newbie, and probably shouldnt care with what u say, but thats reality, people in these forum expect help from others members, regardless of the issue, is just about helping each other and not been smartass.

Now, if u been waiting for a solution for this for more than 45days maybe isnt that bad saying that u are tired cause no solution has arrived... or maybe thats too much of a demand and so much whining, right? I have been very pleasant and patient, just asking for more action, for attention to this problem, but if no one really knows, well , thats ok, I understand.

Of course everyone tries to help, if I didnt trust on that , I wouldnt even bother to ask questions regarding the solution of that very common issue of our beloved cx-9s.

If you want a solution then I'd suggest you contact Mazda and demand one from them. I'm sure they'll jump right on it for you. (weakest)

Ignore engaged.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back