Circuit's 03.5 Protege5

i had a tab break on my fortunes. friend in the coast guard fixed it for me.

Endlinks :D

99-00: Fronts: 7.5", Rears: 8"
01-03: Fronts:10.5", Rears: 6"
MP3 + MSP Fronts: 10.5", Rears 8"

and those fortunes are now on my car lol All the tabs have stress fractures/cracks in them. But I three wheel literally everywhere, even the front wheels sometimes.
My brother just cut his endlinks and ran without them because he kept bending them. Had no issue, didnt handle great but it isnt exactly "NEEDED"

and those fortunes are now on my car lol All the tabs have stress fractures/cracks in them. But I three wheel literally everywhere, even the front wheels sometimes.
My brother just cut his endlinks and ran without them because he kept bending them. Had no issue, didnt handle great but it isnt exactly "NEEDED"

Yeah I contacted fortune and they said I was the first to break a tab on their coilovers. They gave pricing on new bottom pieces that had the end link tab on them. My driveway was horrible so I blame that. Or maybe it's just their first gen products. Is the welded tab still holding up?

Yeah I contacted fortune and they said I was the first to break a tab on their coilovers. They gave pricing on new bottom pieces that had the end link tab on them. My driveway was horrible so I blame that. Or maybe it's just their first gen products. Is the welded tab still holding up?

Yea the welded tab doesnt have any cracks on the weld itself, its actually the original welds from fortune auto that have stress cracks. I'm expecting them to just shear off any day now.

Yea the welded tab doesnt have any cracks on the weld itself, its actually the original welds from fortune auto that have stress cracks. I'm expecting them to just shear off any day now.

You could just run no sway bars. That's what I've been doing since April. I have fortune auto 500series as well. Play around with stiffness settings and camber and ur good. Only downside I could say I'm experiencing if you want to call it a downside is that my mp3 oversteers so much u would thing my car had rwd lol

You could just run no sway bars. That's what I've been doing since April. I have fortune auto 500series as well. Play around with stiffness settings and camber and ur good. Only downside I could say I'm experiencing if you want to call it a downside is that my mp3 oversteers so much u would thing my car had rwd lol

Lol Im probably going to look into trying to run the endlinks like the 626s have them. They have tiny endlinks run right to the control arm. Makes a ton more sense then trying to run it to the strut. As you can see in the picture (the little tab)
auto-part-control-arm-for-mazda-626-v-gf-1997-05-2002-10-oe-gd7d-34-350a.jpg

Not gonna clog up your thread any more though chris, just figured I would share lol

Lol Im probably going to look into trying to run the endlinks like the 626s have them. They have tiny endlinks run right to the control arm. Makes a ton more sense then trying to run it to the strut. As you can see in the picture (the little tab)
auto-part-control-arm-for-mazda-626-v-gf-1997-05-2002-10-oe-gd7d-34-350a.jpg

Not gonna clog up your thread any more though chris, just figured I would share lol

All good. I appreciate the share. This could work in the front, but the rear no so much. Would have to get a bracket made to bolt on to the lateral bars.

ms76178.jpg

lol they have that in the back, so basically what you said. I remember OGP5, the yellow one with 16x8 xxrs ran a sleeve of some sort over his lateral arm bars that had the endlink tab on it. Said it worked pretty good...

ms76178.jpg

lol they have that in the back, so basically what you said. I remember OGP5, the yellow one with 16x8 xxrs ran a sleeve of some sort over his lateral arm bars that had the endlink tab on it. Said it worked pretty good...

Yeah I remember that too.

Dropped her off to Sprint Auto Works aka #BecauseBags on Friday. They will be re-welding the rear endlink tabs, installing the rear camber plates, and fixing the lean issue. Their social media manager put up this photo he took of my car parked in their lot...

10887286_767220806687621_6190536098938660216_o_zpsz47q9nha.jpg

Back