Cargo Liner for 2016 CX-5 Touring

rickypicky

:
2016 Touring AWD CX-5
Anybody have one? I'm looking for a rubber cargo liner/mat that covers as much of the cargo area as possible. Custom fit would be nice. Does anybody have one and can recommend it?

The OEM mazda rear cargo liner is very nice and even included the moldings that go down into the little side pockets on either side of the trunk floor. Most of the other aftermarket ones like weather tech, only cover the carpet.

http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-cargo-tray.html

A better photo

$_35.JPG

I picked the OEM liner up on Amazon. It was definitely worth its price. Very well made, and should hold up to all the crap I throw on it.

Go to MedCenterMazda, their ad is on top of this page. I ordered front and back mats and the cargo area. One of the mats was very slightly damaged, gave them a call and had a new one in 3 days. They are priced right and have wonderful service.

I carry boxes in the back and was tired of hearing them sliding around. The cargo liner did the trick. It stopped the sliding. Also, attractive addition to the car.

I like the look, function and quality as well. I got my whole set thrown in for free. The only gripe is the driver's OEM mat. I would like it to cover more. On the left leg/foot I just got used to putting my foot on the floor rather than the angled wheelwell wall. Happy all around.

Anybody have one? I'm looking for a rubber cargo liner/mat that covers as much of the cargo area as possible. Custom fit would be nice. Does anybody have one and can recommend it?

I got one on my (now two weeks old) CX-5. It's a good fit...basically covers right up to the sides. It's thick, and it also has edges so that water would stay on the mat.

Great item and good price.
icon14.gif

(I wish the cargo cover was priced a bit lower.)

I wish everything was priced lower! I am building a house and just bought a bunch of plants. Was real happy to have that cargo liner back there! Took me all of a couple minutes to pull it out, hose it off from the dirt, and put it back in.

I'm debating between the rubber mazda cargo liner and the soft cargo liner that also covers the back of the rear seats. Baby number 2 is due in October and that will force the doggie to rid in the lift gate area if we all go somewhere. I don't want dog hair all over but I don't know how well the soft cargo liner would hold up. I often have to have dirty things in the back like plants and things like that so the rubber mat that comes out and easily sprays off is a plus. Anyone with the soft cover care to weigh in?

I'm debating between the rubber mazda cargo liner and the soft cargo liner that also covers the back of the rear seats. Baby number 2 is due in October and that will force the doggie to rid in the lift gate area if we all go somewhere. I don't want dog hair all over but I don't know how well the soft cargo liner would hold up. I often have to have dirty things in the back like plants and things like that so the rubber mat that comes out and easily sprays off is a plus. Anyone with the soft cover care to weigh in?

The Mazda CX-5 soft cargo liner is a sensational product. A custom perfect fit, covers the cargo area including the rear of the second row seating (when the seat backs are vertical or horizontal), durable water resistant material, and a smart "fold down flap" which protects the car paint while loading or unloading cargo. It's a winner ! Buy one !!

The OEM one is the best. The little side pockets are great for putting bottles and small things into so that they don't roll around. It's really heavy and thick and does a good job of containing any fluid that is spilled back there accidentally. Can't remember what I paid for mine, but it was the best accessory so far. I recently put concrete blocks in the back and cleaning it was a simple as carefully removing it and hosing it down to get rid of all the concrete dust and debris. HTH.

The OEM mazda rear cargo liner is very nice and even included the moldings that go down into the little side pockets on either side of the trunk floor. Most of the other aftermarket ones like weather tech, only cover the carpet.

http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-cargo-tray.html

A better photo

$_35.JPG

Howdy All,

Just curious could you put the soft cargo liner down and then put the cargo liner on top of it?
Was thinking that it would be good to have the backs of the rear seats protected and
then also have the durability of the rubber cargo liner for suitcases and other travel
accessories.

Take Care,

CK

Howdy All,

Just curious could you put the soft cargo liner down and then put the cargo liner on top of it?
Was thinking that it would be good to have the backs of the rear seats protected and
then also have the durability of the rubber cargo liner for suitcases and other travel
accessories.

Take Care,

CK

The Mazda soft cargo liner is durable enough for luggage, potted plants, tools, dogs, or most any other cargo. And it is water proof as well. It is a sensational product which protects both the horizontal and vertical sections of the cargo area.
In my opinion the only need for the hard rubber heavy weight liner is when carrying snow or ice covered item, because it has raised edges that could contain the subsequent water. A couple of negatives to the hard liner is the extra weight as well as the capacity reduction of the two corner pockets. When the hard liner is installed it reduces those two pockets size by about 15%.
To answer your question, the hard rubber liner will fit on top of the soft liner, no problem.
I have both of these Mazda CX-5 liners, but will only use the hard version for snow.

Back