car mounted camcorder holder?

AutoBox

:
rockin the awd.....
where did u guys grab urs from? i was thinkin to build on to mount off the passenger headrest but i though i would see how much it is if they are out there? i know tea is ussing somehting like what im lookin for......anyone know where i should look?

I would like to find the big sucktion cup mount that you can put on the out side of the car like by a wheel or what not.

I use the cruise cam from chasecam.com... pretty much anything you need they have and the price is better than anyone else... not the mention quality.

Yeah, the cruisecam is nice. Been thinking about buying one. I made one, but it shakes too much.

Maybe a GB on the Cruisecam??

I made a camara mount using an old stop sign and mounted it to the lower fender bolts looks nice except when you hit a big pothole s*** shakes like timmy on south park..

LinuxRacr said:
This is the one you really want to have: http://www.stickypod.com/
I have the Sticky Pod...it's incredible.

The Chase cam thing can't be mounted outside the vehicle...the sticky pod can, because the suction cups are hella strong.

I've been up to 90mph with it attached to my roof...I've also taken turns that registered > 0.9 continuous G's on the g-tech...

I want one of those Conecams someday... could get some interesting footage with those things.

As far as mounts - I liked one of the rally cars' solutions at OT this year - duct tape ;)

jersey_emt said:
I have the Sticky Pod...it's incredible.

The Chase cam thing can't be mounted outside the vehicle...the sticky pod can, because the suction cups are hella strong.

I've been up to 90mph with it attached to my roof...I've also taken turns that registered > 0.9 continuous G's on the g-tech...
Go read the page:
http://www.chasecam.com/mounts-suction.htm

Both the triple suction and single suction (at the bottom) are strong anough to be on the outside of the car.

jersey_emt said:
You want the real one..the $79 one, not the 3-cup version.

I got the Pro Pack version of the sticky pod. The one for $129. It's awesome. I've done two autocrosses with em now and they hold great. I use a Canon ZR60. I like to put the camera on the rear door and shoot out at the front tire so I can see how close I'm coming. Thing is you risk hitting a cone and it flipping up and messin up your camera but if you set it up high enough on the door it shouldn't be a big worry. And as for me almost all the cones I hit are on the passenger side! (2thumbs) I also have a camera mount for use with the headrest. Works really well too.

f968a983.jpg

f9209675.jpg

jersey_emt said:
I would not trust my $750 camcorder with 3 puny vinyl suction cups.

It's also really only meant for the tiny 8-ball sized camera or a SMALL camcorder

That's your call.. but they hold up to 75lbs and have withstood 200 mph, as advertised on their website. 75 lbs is a tad bigger than a SMALL camcorder. :)

--kC

Last edited:
they one I saw at Carlisle last Year was just one huge suction cup. It looked liek the one they use to pick up large sheets of glass

Back