2023 CX-5 Door Card Cup Holder Liquid Drain

GTXT23

LightFoot
In the case anyone else has this occur - It may save you unecessacary work.
I had placed a supposed sealed liquid in the drivers door cupholder- It turned out to be leaking - and when I opened the door this coffee/milk/sugar concoction had been leaking into the cupholder and OUT the bottom of the door card and over the rubber door gasket onto the ground.
I examined the cupholder and realized it was not water-tight and the liquid leaked out between the fused holder , under the speaker area of the doorcard. Well - everyone knows , sugar / milk etc are nasty stuff if left uncleaned and corrisive + stinky. Well - I poured water thru the same area to flush it out and find the exit pathway - also to see if it had pooled possibly destroying the speaker or internal wiring -Well long story - longer - I had to pull the entire doorcard off to check it out - and make sure it was cleared out . The net - the foam gasket at the bottom is porous and allows air / liquid out - thus the doorcard was dry - So to anyone who floods that cupholder with anything but water-just flush it out with water and know its not collecting inside- this should be the same on 21-23 - If anyone has had this happen with prior years or had other experiences , post it -
PS - theres a S-load of clips and it was tedious work to reasemble and not break one single clip - If you have doorcard dissasembly - reassembly questions - well I am now educated on this process and willing to help
- Heres a great video that applies to both front doors - guy says you only need 2 tools - phillips head screwdriver / flat plastic wedge ....but get the fastner puller - a cheap one works too - i put a pic of mine from wal-mart :

Attachments

• 7AA21C14-C77F-4BCE-B3FB-FF0974FCADE8.jpeg
    7AA21C14-C77F-4BCE-B3FB-FF0974FCADE8.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 65AAB2D0-7BFC-4517-AA5C-0E8658C5BFDE.jpeg
    65AAB2D0-7BFC-4517-AA5C-0E8658C5BFDE.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 3373E77B-890A-4CE6-9A08-F5236F6A7224.jpeg
    3373E77B-890A-4CE6-9A08-F5236F6A7224.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Thank you for the public service announcement. Hopefully you saved somebody else the trouble.

Thank you for the public service announcement. Hopefully you saved somebody else the trouble.
Thanks I forgot the post , right after I saw another owner that had a recent CX-5 thread ...yellow sticky substance leaking from door....so I posted a reply to his post --I still cant understand why that door cupholder is not water tight ? -- gold plated problem ..I suppose

Thanks I forgot the post , right after I saw another owner that had a recent CX-5 thread ...yellow sticky substance leaking from door....so I posted a reply to his post --I still cant understand why that door cupholder is not water tight ? -- gold plated problem ..I suppose
added a video- its spot on - hope you never need to use it

Back