Brace yourself

Any tips on good brand sway bar brackets?

looking at the rear, is best to weld a few reinforcement plates, I did that for my BMWs, since larger bars on my track car will break the tabs off.

I have the JBR SW in the back and I've pushed it pretty hard, they have not cracked yet, and I hope they stay that way, I'll keep an eye on them. :|

so if someone come up with one that would be great, I'm too busy to mock one up and weld one together.....JBR...Cork....guys!!

I bought the lot at once so was able to put it all in one single big box so shipping overall wasn't too bad, someone should convince corksport to stock the autoexe stuff, perhaps they can bring it in, in bulk to save on shipping.

Anyhow I have an AWD, I already run the corksport rear sway bar and I got the autoexe links for the rear so I can use the 2nd set of holes in the corksport sway bar :) for the stiffer setting, the facto links are just not strong or long enough.

I already have the autoexe front tie rod ends and stabilizer arms installed on the already upgraded 22mm OEM sway bar from a mazda 6, but the front sway bar which is now being replaced with the autoexe 24mm unit because why not .

..Man.. if only shipping wasn't so high for atuoexe stuff. btw, what rear sway bar are you using? IMO start a build thread. what are those slotted bars next to the sway bar/endlinks? And I'm guessing you have fwd? that rear lower brace doesn't look like it will fit AWD

Mazmart in Atlanta is the only US Authorized distributor...there are other places that sell the pieces, but Paul at Mazmart has the absolute lowest prices and doesn't overly inflate anything like a few other big vendors...

looking at the rear, is best to weld a few reinforcement plates, I did that for my BMWs, since larger bars on my track car will break the tabs off.

I have the JBR SW in the back and I've pushed it pretty hard, they have not cracked yet, and I hope they stay that way, I'll keep an eye on them. :|

so if someone come up with one that would be great, I'm too busy to mock one up and weld one together.....JBR...Cork....guys!!

It's the generic bracket that is the issue here. I noticed one was bent when I went to lube it, and I had been meaning to get it replaced. Then While I was getting an issue with a sensor check out the dealer noticed the bracket had come loose (thanks to the bend loosened the bolt.

2NLJNKv.jpg

s3bvHOK.jpg

HuJP2Y6.jpg

very nice might have to grab those links sometimes in the future. What did you end up modifying on that camber arm?

Its late and I flew back home and have driven the car.

Couple things to note.
1) Car handles wonderfully and sporty, I have been thrashing its tits off on out in the country and boy its not to shabby for an SUV , would embarrass a lot of much sportier focused cars.
2) Ride quality is fairly good even though I have the stiffness wound up 25of30 clicks on front and 23of28 clicks on the rear
3) Seat support, Brakes and steering response is now an issue as they cant keep up with the new handling :)
4) The Tein kit doesn't go "that" low , at full lowness settings on the rear with the car sitting level its 1 inch lower than with eth H&R's, so for me that's i guess a little better but not the result I was aiming for, Appears to be about as low as C/S springs )
5) Sadly the rear end links I bought to use on the stiffer setting are as Chris pointed out perhaps too short and yes after seeing it on the ground off the hoist we all agreed to put them back on the tame setting and we will fabricate our own using the end link parts.
6) Adjustable camber arms and front camber bolts worked a treat. Had full alignment and balance done.
7) Cutting under tray to fit all new braces was a very long process and fidly if you want to bother retaining it.
8) We had to fabricate some beefier brackets for where the monster under car brace thing bolted into the chassis , my engineer wasn't happy there was enough meat for it to be effective, suggest you do the same if fitting the big brace.

But so far pretty good, car is completely different to drive , it was fairly nice before but now its just extremely nimble and flat on the road and cornering is effortless.

Still to do ...

* Drive the car in various manners to let the springs all settle then take for quick geometry and spanner check.
* Swap out the upgraded front sway bar ( facto = 20mm gone , maz6 wagon=22mm in place now ) , with the new 24mm autoexe unit.
* Fabricate some longer adjustable rear sway bar end-links
* Install the EDFC unit so I can set up the different modes wife mode = Softer damping settings, Me mode when wife not in car = firmer damper settings )

As requested a pic of what we changed,

Essentially the engineer took a solid bar of steel and milled out the centre so it could slide over the original bar as a sleeve then welded them together , then drilled and tapped the thread at the end for the end bush to screw into, its very solid and appears to work.

28933E07-59EB-4B23-9DAC-961AC1E6C568.jpg

Thanks for sharing, this is a pretty awesome build! One question- your camber arms only have one threaded side. To change the angle adjustment, one would have to unbolt the arm off off the knuckle, wind or unwind the head, bolt it back on, bolt the wheel back on, put the wheel alignment sensor head on the wheels, re-compensate alignment readings and hope the camber is where you want it? And if it isn't, all of the above has to be repeated. You must either got lucky with the rear camber angle the first time, or you have a VERY patient alignment guy [emoji6]

Finally a measurement for the Mazda 6 sway bar.. at only a 2mm increase I'll pass on it. I was considering it.

Luckily my engineer was adjusting as he went and had a camber gauge so was able to set it so when it was alignment time it only took one change to be spot on

The fitting , modding, testing , refitting retesting etc cost more than the parts themselves it's been that much of a project , not a simple job.

Great pics of the adjustable camber arms! Now, if you could make two nuts with a threaded sleeve in the middle, that would be perfect!

All that nice stuff.. now you've gotta dump those mommy wheels lol

Mommy wheels? these are CX-9 20"

Pic of it lowered, thats about as low as she goes in rear, front is a bit ore left it it but i want to keep it level.

B700E8F1-F06F-4A89-A28C-4508A8700FE7.jpg

Whoa! Those look very nice! Didn't know OEM wheels could look so good

Last edited:
Back