Boost Gauges

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Any used the Prosport Boost Gauge or the STRI premium DSD (Digital Stepper Drive) analog gauge?

Defi is only 52mm. I am looking for 60mm so I can place it in the center vent.

52mm should be fine, here is a shot of mine.

tn_IMG_5674.JPG

Picture 252.5.jpg

Picture 251.5.jpg

Picture 190.5.jpg

Defi BF Imperial's are 60mm and fit perfectly in the center vents!!!
oh ya and did i mention that they match the color perfectly in the ms6? because they do!

i have the prosport premium on the steering column. i could get you a picture if you like. matches pretty good but not exact.

i could have swore i already posted in this thread?????

Ive got the Prosport Premium boost guage. I like the look as it matches very well with the stock guages. My problem is that the sender keeps going bad. Ive replaced it 2x in the past 6 months. Its a known problem as Prosport supplies repl sendors to their vendors to stock and there is no charge to repl them...
The guage itsself is pretty accurate and when the sender isnt taking a dump works very well...

View attachment 139208

View attachment 139209

View attachment 139210

Defi BF Imperial's are 60mm and fit perfectly in the center vents!!!
oh ya and did i mention that they match the color perfectly in the ms6? because they do!

That is exactly what I am planning to do, but only a boost gauage in the center for now.

The 52 mm is too small to do that with. I'm not a big fan of the custom or mounted gauage off the pillar or dash.

Looks like the Defi is the way to go. Thanks

The guages in the vents look cool but . . . doesn't that kill your a/c ?? I know more air will come out on the 2 vents on each side but still . . . Well i live in florida and my speed is black on black. Its always hot even with window tints.

To Dr. D, I love that setup but I just can't justify eliminating three vents since I live in the desert. Still a very clean install though. I intend to go with 52 Defi red racer boost gauge in the driver side defroster replacement pod (seller also seems to have access to the 60 pods). Previously had a Defi boost gauge in my Grand Prix GTP (A-pillar two pod) and was more than satisfied.

No experience with the STRI gauges, but I was happy with the Defi and will go with the red racer for my speed6 based on my previous experience.

Last edited:
well i will say this to all i live in south florida and it does get a bit hot donw here but no.1 i hate runnin A/C so i useally don't and when i do the two sde ones and the feel vents are more that enough. ^^ thanks man.

I just ordered the 52mm ProSport and block8head's custom vent pod (looks the same as VicSpeed6 AZ). I'll post pics and let you know what I think when I get it installed.

Back