Blue engine cover...

it looks nice, stressing Skyactiv tech..... however, I'm not sure if it would be as pretty after several years (dust, oil stains......). My CX-5 is aluminium silver color (38P), so both blue/red covers would match it perfectly :) My wife said, why not red? (wow) Women!

From what I see, new Mazda 6 has regular black cover (maybe 2 tone if image below does justice):

31614725429681398.jpg

plus all illumination is white (centre console and steering wheel are also white unlike orange in CX-5).

21349188881503799113.jpg
8083360541695505090.jpg

Cheers,
Miki

The Mazda 6 cover and the white illumination in the interior is much more sophisticated. I wonder if the engine covers are swappable. I'd trade mine to a Mazda 6 owner that wanted a blue one.

Who the f cares what color the plastic engine cover is. Is there a frequent need to stop in the middle of the street and pop the hood?

"Oh No! They are gonna laugh at my engine again at the oil changers."

why not remove it and fire it into a tree or lake.

WTF&NPF w/blue cover. Non-issue after 12 months ownership. Only people that see it are me (and I actually like it) and techs at Mazda dealer every 7500 miles.

The Mazda 6 cover and the white illumination in the interior is much more sophisticated. I wonder if the engine covers are swappable. I'd trade mine to a Mazda 6 owner that wanted a blue one.

Ha! I actually like the black cover - the blue one seems odd to me but probably just because I'm not accustomed to seeing blue inside the engine bay. But I really couldn't care enough one way or the other - it's hidden by the hood and I open the hood only when I want to confirm that my car really isn't burning any oil - which is less and less often as time goes on.

Honestly, if it really bothers someone they can paint it. It's not hard. But I have more enjoyable things to do.

Back