Blizzard hitting Mid-Atlantic..CX5 is ready

Scraping ice vs. not scraping ice is not a question of remote start vs. manual start. If you want to waste fuel and add idle wear/tear to your engine, you don't need a remote start, you just need to push the Start button 10 minutes before you leave.

Personally, I like the way the engine warms up faster when being driven (vs. idling) and so I scrape the windshield while it's idling and then drive off. The activity of scraping is a good way to get your heart pumping so your body feels warm too. Win/win.

Yeah I suggested remote start for the added warmth when coming in the car which doesn't do much for the icy frosty windshield. I mentioned the icy frosty windshield because I first think of that when I think of zero degree type weather. But you're right, scraping the windshield while the car is running and warming up is a win win :)

That said I thought there was a tarp/blanket thingy you can buy to place atop the windshield to help minimize snow/ice removal?

Yeah I suggested remote start for the added warmth when coming in the car which doesn't do much for the icy frosty windshield. I mentioned the icy frosty windshield because I first think of that when I think of zero degree type weather. But you're right, scraping the windshield while the car is running and warming up is a win win :)

That said I thought there was a tarp/blanket thingy you can buy to place atop the windshield to help minimize snow/ice removal?

In my area, gets regularly stolen. That tarp/blanket thing. So I bought one which says POLICE in eBay and it works. Check eBay. The tarp thing issue is: they have these magnetic ones which during winds you'll loose it. The clip ones require some effort to put/remove.

If only some car manufacturer came up with a design idea, it'll be loved. A permanent roller type of curtain on the roof which rolls down when extreme hot/cold.

I usually start my car, go inside and get dressed for work, then come out and everything is defrosted/warm and ready to go. However, if the ice is thick enough, you won't be scraping anything without the help of the defroster.

I usually start my car, go inside and get dressed for work, then come out and everything is defrosted/warm and ready to go. However, if the ice is thick enough, you won't be scraping anything without the help of the defroster.

huh? By going inside, you mean back inside your home, right?

In my area, gets regularly stolen. That tarp/blanket thing. So I bought one which says POLICE in eBay and it works. Check eBay. The tarp thing issue is: they have these magnetic ones which during winds you'll loose it. The clip ones require some effort to put/remove.

If only some car manufacturer came up with a design idea, it'll be loved. A permanent roller type of curtain on the roof which rolls down when extreme hot/cold.

Haha the Police logo worked lol. I recall a few years ago I bought some ADT Security decals on Ebay even though I didn't have monitored security systems at all at the time.

huh? By going inside, you mean back inside your home, right?

Usually I keep all of my work clothes in the trunk of the vehicle so that way I am not running around all over the place in the morning. The CX-5 provides a decent amount of room in the trunk area for a larger size person to change in....LOL JK, yes I mean going back inside where it is warm so I can get ready for work and continue drinking my coffee.

Back