Blind Spot Monitors - the feature that cries, "Wolf!" once too often?

Not in a hurry. I can wait for an 18 owner to reply. [emoji39]

I can confirm it only beeps if you’re indicating a lane change and it’s detected a vehicle. Otherwise it just illuminates the light on the mirror.

I like the fact that it still gives you a beep when a car is way behind, because the drives around here like to speed up when they see you trying to get in "their" lane. So a car can be a couple lengths behind me, as soon as I signal my move they speed up to block me.

Right. On my car you can set it to beep always or ONLY with turn signal. Still the same?

On mine, it ONLY beeps when turn signal is activated. It can be disabled and beep volume can be modified.

Beep always would drive anyone insane.

On mine, it ONLY beeps when turn signal is activated. It can be disabled and beep volume can be modified.

Right I can’t see why it would beep w/o the signal. Would be beeping all the time.....

Beeping never botthered me but each to their own

For me, since I always check my mirrors and also look over my shoulder, if BSM is active and I know that the vehicle behind me is far enough away, I just ignore BSM notifications.

Madness. That would beep constantly on the drive I made today.

Madness. That would beep constantly on the drive I made today.

Probably due to the large volume of cars there not to mention the multi lane freeways/highways you have right (uhm)

Over here if memory serves, our (Sydney) widest multi-lane road is about 4 lanes in each direction

I was just thinking of ordinary, not congested, suburban city streets driving my kid home from TKD and thought of you. 4 lane road with a turn lane in the middle, I'm in the slower outside lane and people passing me on the left...the BS light was on way more then it was off. Maybe I'll test it with the beep on but I thinking that would annoy the s*** out of me.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Generally speaking I got the lights flashing in the mirrors as cars in other lanes go by be it on a normal road or multi lane freeway. When I wanted to change lanes then the beeping would go off but never bothered me. The beeping is not a prolonged one, just a quick couple of beeps and that was it.

I guess each person has different tolerant levels.

Ok. My bad. Miscommunication. I thought, wrongly apparently, after just going out to double check, there was a setting for always beep when the BSM light comes on. That is not a thing. I thought you had that turned on. Oy. Sorry.

Back