Blind Spot Monitors - the feature that cries, "Wolf!" once too often?

I would never get anywhere on the freeways here in Seattle (likely every other city too) if I actually switched lanes when the blind assist light turns off. People here tailgate each other all the way to the office.

The fact that you can't adjust the range is probably my biggest disappointment with my new car. Then again, it's really the fault of impatient drivers who somehow think that tailgating will get them to work quicker. (sad1)

I would never get anywhere on the freeways here in Seattle (likely every other city too) if I actually switched lanes when the blind assist light turns off. People here tailgate each other all the way to the office.

The fact that you can't adjust the range is probably my biggest disappointment with my new car. Then again, it's really the fault of impatient drivers who somehow think that tailgating will get them to work quicker. (sad1)

I agree with you. Seattle has some of the worst traffic and some of the worst drivers around. Put the two together and we have the parking lots most other places call freeways. The bsm is set very conservative but I have adapted to it rather than trying to adapt to the traffic.

I agree with you. Seattle has some of the worst traffic and some of the worst drivers around. Put the two together and we have the parking lots most other places call freeways. The bsm is set very conservative but I have adapted to it rather than trying to adapt to the traffic.

Indeed. My next step in the adaption process is to turn the warning beep off when in Seattle. Can always turn it back on for road trips out of Seattle.

There is only one part, by the local grocery store when I am turning into it, that 99% of the time consistently sets off the Blind Spot Monitoring beeps as a false positive.

Outside of that, sure I get false positives randomly, but rarely.

i hated how sensitive it was at first but i've gotten used to it. for sure you have to turn off the sound indicator as it will drive you nuts, but i think it also makes you more complacent and dependent on the technology. you should always turn your head and look either way

I turned the alert sound down as I don’t need it screeching in my ear. Besides, I’ve learned to trust the bsm indicator in the HUD as the first step followed by visual confirmation.

Back