Black on black MS6.....Rim Suggestions?

s*** that is nice. amazing what a little drop will do.

The Catalog I have is a Mazdaspeed performance accessories for 2006. They have everything for all their cars, 6, 3, miata, rx8. Some nice stuff from body kits, wheels, brakes, performance addons etc, cosmetic stuff etc.

for the 3 and 6
Cold air intake, sport shifter, lightweight fly wheel, sport exhaust, Mazdspeed license frame, carbon fiber rear view mirror, addons for ground effects/spoiler and front air dam, sport springs and dampers, coil overs, camber links, sport clutch, stabalizer bars

s***, too much to list. it's pretty much the same deal for all the cars. Looks like different parts have different warranties for them too.

I'd scan it but the pages are bigger then my scanner.

I liked the photoshopped spit spoke design. The torque 5's would also look nice. I don't have PS abilities anymore anyone able to produce one with the torque 5's?

Why haven't I seen a speed 6 on the road here yet?

Newf said:
anyone remember this photo I horribly pchopped a few months back?? (See first pic, grey car)

well, I got a Mazdaspeed Cat. yesterday, Not sure how old this thing is, and sure enough look at the optional wheels. ( see red car )

The 5x2 spoke design on the red MS6 in the catalogue in powdercoat black or chromium black would be peachy man.

R

Rainman said:
The 5x2 spoke design on the red MS6 in the catalogue in powdercoat black or chromium black would be peachy man.

R
Black would look pretty sinister, especially if lowered like in the pix posted of white MS6, but I like the aluminum, too. But I ain't seeing them online. All they have is a 7-spoke wheel like my '02 Altima had. I guess I'll have to drop by the dealership. Definitely thinking the stock snowflakes have got to go.

seanw said:
Black would look pretty sinister, especially if lowered like in the pix posted of white MS6, but I like the aluminum, too. But I ain't seeing them online. All they have is a 7-spoke wheel like my '02 Altima had. I guess I'll have to drop by the dealership. Definitely thinking the stock snowflakes have got to go.

Sinister is it brother! With a nice drop and tuck with black rims...whoa Black Betty indeed baby! I just might have to get a vanity plate reading "SINISTER" (or some variation thereof if the full word is taken already in Ontario). The right aluminum rims would look just as sweet though. I think that the key is the RIGHT rims, and the stock ones are definitely NOT right.

Now, is it necessary to stay with 18" rims if you combine 17" rims with a drop, or will they look funny? I have 17" gloss black steelies on right now and they don't look that bad at all. I'm sure 18" rims would look better, but there are two pertinent issues: (i) cost, and (ii) performance.

The other question is whether to go wider rims and tires, wider tires alone, or to stagger them. From earlier discussion I was considering running the same size rims all four corners, but staggering the tire size so that the front were a bit wider than the rear (e.g. 225 front, 215 rear) in order to improve turn in (someone mentions this somewhere during this discussion). The only problem is that with uni-directional tires, you end up with 4 tires that can't be rotated (save for side-to-side if you take them off the rims). Wider tires with a drop would also mandate rolling the fenders, which isn't a big deal, but should be considered.

Too many decisions right now, and not enough money.....arggghhh!

R

Rainman said:
Sinister is it brother! With a nice drop and tuck with black rims...whoa Black Betty indeed baby! I just might have to get a vanity plate reading "SINISTER" (or some variation thereof if the full word is taken already in Ontario). . . .

Too many decisions right now, and not enough money.....arggghhh!

R

Ain't it the sad truth.

Back