Black on black MS6.....Rim Suggestions?

wicked said:
why yes they do,the ones photochopped into the pic is the same rim in black w/ the machined center,and lip.

it looks WAY sick in the flat though.

I'll have to price these out for the spring since I'm looking for snow tires right now for the winter.

R

Rainman said:
Less as in low spoke count, although I'm not big on really wide spokes either.

As for the AFC, where there is a will there is a way. Among the collective intelligence of the forum we must be able to find someone to tune this bad boy!

R

I agree that less spokes might be better. ALthough in person the wheels aren't as bad as in pics.

I guess Mazda wanted to get away from the typical 5 star design of most wheels and every recent mazdaspeed for that matter.

take a look at a quick edit of this pic.

Attachments

• wheel (Small).jpg
    wheel (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 257
Newf said:
I agree that less spokes might be better. ALthough in person the wheels aren't as bad as in pics.

I guess Mazda wanted to get away from the typical 5 star design of most wheels and every recent mazdaspeed for that matter.

take a look at a quick edit of this pic.

and thats were they fuct up,they had something going for them with the wheels.

this is the first MS that people can't wait to change the wheels on.all the other .MSs have nice wheels,these are just like every other factory car.

wheels aren't too bad. It's just that it is such un understated car, and the wheels are too busy for it.

Some nice Racing harts would have been much better :)

all it needs is a subtle change. Perhaps a 2006.5 model will have better wheels.

Attachments

• 2wheel (Small).jpg
    2wheel (Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 2wwheel (Small).jpg
    2wwheel (Small).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Newf said:
all it needs is a subtle change. Perhaps a 2006.5 model will have better wheels.
Your 5 x 2 spokes are badass. They work for me brother.

R

Rainman said:
Your 5 x 2 spokes are badass. They work for me brother.

R

when I seen the mazdaspeed6 wheels I noticed a resemblence to the original mp3 wheels but with 4 extra spokes between the typical 5 point star setup.
Look hard, you'll see the resemblence.....or maybe I'm nuts

Newf said:
? rolling is not that bad. Got quoted like $60 for it to be done. Whats cheaper, rolling fender or painting and replacing a fender?

Last edited:
anyone remember this photo I horribly pchopped a few months back?? (See first pic, grey car)

well, I got a Mazdaspeed Cat. yesterday, Not sure how old this thing is, and sure enough look at the optional wheels. ( see red car )

Attachments

• 2wheel_(Small).jpg
    2wheel_(Small).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 199
  • ms6 (Medium).jpg
    ms6 (Medium).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 222
Newf said:
anyone remember this photo I horribly pchopped a few months back?? (See first pic, grey car)

well, I got a Mazdaspeed Cat. yesterday, Not sure how old this thing is, and sure enough look at the optional wheels. ( see red car )

Those look niiice. The way they curve out gives them just enough distinction from the somewhat typical 5-star pattern like the ones you added earlier. Where did you get the catalog? No such wheels online, anyway.

Newf said:

Nice find by! Those are slick looking. Not sure what I am going to put on, but I have considered the high gloss black powdercoat finish, for an all-black sinister appearance.

Here is a pic from another forum. This guy just got his MS6 lowered and put powdercoated 19" rims on it. He had to roll his fenders.

Profile: Wardb
19X7.5 black Falken Torque 5's
+42 offset
Tein s-tech springs
fenders rolled, no rubbing

R

Attachments

• _________.jpg
    _________.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 252
Back