Black on black MS6.....Rim Suggestions?

it's all about these for this car,IMO I don't think anything could be as smooth,suttle,and sweet(for the price)

2005-07-18-5zallblack.jpg

The black wheels don't do anything for me, makes the car look cheap IMO. Cosmetics on a vehicle are always personal taste anyway it doesn't matter what we think. I personally like the sleeper look this car has, I would pick a wheel that didn't make the car look modded.

Mazda3 said:
The black wheels don't do anything for me, makes the car look cheap IMO. Cosmetics on a vehicle are always personal taste anyway it doesn't matter what we think. I personally like the sleeper look this car has, I would pick a wheel that didn't make the car look modded.

thats why I suggested the wheels above,they are a matte color,5 spoke,to keep the clean look of the car,and not have you eyes focus on the wheels.

go with the FN01-RCs in the new black with polished lip. any black rim needs the lip or they just look like stealies.

Mazkid,

The rx8 rims require rolling the rear fenders on the 6 for fitment. All 8 inch wide wheels require it. The tire impacts the top fender lip otherwise and this type of damage occurs.

The 6club's are full of owners who will loudly proclaim that tires/wheels fit without rubbing, then turn around and rent a fender roller the next week when their tires look like this.

rub2.jpg

The A-spec wheels (mazdaspeed) are 18x7.5 but also extremely heavy and overpriced. They weigh in at a whopping 25 lbs. I won't get into the pricing of the rx8 mazdaspeed rims, the pricing is so rediculous most people s*** a brick when they hear it.

Both rims are made by other companies then "labeled" with mazdaspeed...so it is possible to get the designs significantly easier.

If your looking for a similar design to the rx8 speed rim, check out the GT2's by SSR.

04_wrx_gt2_1.jpg

Last edited:
No mountjonas. Same fenders, with the same rear lip that rubs on wider rims.

Exterior aesthetics are basically just a body kit.

PICS of the car please, I am dying to see pics. Post a lot of pics, of the brakes, the shifter, the engine bay, the rear, the seats, the center console, the dash, the speedometer, tachometer, everything and anything.

MazKid said:
These wheels are MazdaSpeed accessory wheels for the Mazda 6 and are 18X7.5.
pho_MZ6_18_alum_wh_lg.jpg

Furthermore since I've seen a Mazda 6 with RX-8 wheels I know that you won't have to roll the fenders or anything stupid like that. They didn't scrape at all.

If these came in black, I would like them alot better.

R

wicked said:
it's all about these for this car,IMO I don't think anything could be as smooth,suttle,and sweet(for the price)

2005-07-18-5zallblack.jpg

This looks like a flat-black finish. Do these come in a gloss finish?

R

Mikey444 said:
PICS of the car please, I am dying to see pics. Post a lot of pics, of the brakes, the shifter, the engine bay, the rear, the seats, the center console, the dash, the speedometer, tachometer, everything and anything.

Check the link in my sig.

R

Here ya go. first picture is of normal ride height second i lowered it some. i think it looks good with these wheels.

Attachments

• 30319471184 copy.jpg
    30319471184 copy.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 292
  • 303194711842 copy.jpg
    303194711842 copy.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
DE31 said:
Here ya go. first picture is of normal ride height second i lowered it some. i think it looks good with these wheels.

Thanks DE31. That s*** is badass. I especially like the second pic with the lowered stance. I think that those rims really compliment the overall look. I appreciate your photochop skills brother.

R (thumb)

Rainman said:
This looks like a flat-black finish. Do these come in a gloss finish?

R

why yes they do,the ones photochopped into the pic is the same rim in black w/ the machined center,and lip.

it looks WAY sick in the flat though.

Back