"Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve played on my way home today...

AlturredMP5

:
03 MP5, 75 MG Midget
in my new 2006 BMW 330i. i woke up this morning and noticed the P5 wasnt running like it should. i pop open the hood and see the intake hose behind the MAF was sheared at the flex. i hastily taped it back together with A/C duct tape (go ahead and laugh) and drove around to look for a decent truck below $10k.

i never did find a truck, but i did find a lexus is300 for $13k and a mercedes c-class for $13k. i went ahead and had them crunch some numbers for me on both vehicles so i could compare, and left to go about my business while that was happening.

3 miles down the road, i decided to swing by the kia dealership and glance at the forte koup for s**** and grins, and there sat a midnight blue 330i with a big sticker that read $21000. after convincing the salesman that i had seen the car there for the past few months (sweet bluff), i was able to talk them down to $15k.

after returning to the dealership from swapping the wheels and stereo back to factory on the p5, i hopped in the bimmer and took one last tearful (not really) glance at the car i had spent the last 7 years with. my first brand new vehicle, which i had managed to "modify" into a worthless heap.

and thats when the local radio station played "Bitter Sweet Symphony" by The Verve. the most poetic song i could imagine for the situation.

Cliff Notes

Bye Bye P5

3372366508_79eaae3697_o.jpg

RockyYoMazda.jpg

Hello 330i

330i1.jpg

330i2.jpg

Good luck with the new car. If you treat it as well as you did your 5, you'll be golden.

thanks.

the p5 made it to 141k miles in my hands, i hope the next owner can keep it up.

the bimmer will remain stock for a loooooong time... except the cd player. i cant stand most factory cd players, the 3 series being one of them.

edit: and maybe the M3 lip kit.

About 6 hours away, damn.

I would buy if I had the cash but I was suggesting a trade because that's all I've got.

Good luck with the bimmer when you start needing parts, BMW think the parts are made of gold and charge accordingly. So does the aftermarket by the way.
Pat.

so.... your intake tube got a few cracks(common issue with many cars) in it so you trade it in for a new car... Must of already been looking for a new car and needed somehting to justify it I think... Good luck with the beamer.

Good luck with the bimmer when you start needing parts, BMW think the parts are made of gold and charge accordingly. So does the aftermarket by the way.
Pat.

ive considered that, im not worried about money or replacing parts if i need to.

and stealth, youre pretty much exactly right. i was actually looking for a truck to drive around as a daily and keep the P5, but this was too good of a deal for me to pass up.

the trade in value of the bimmer is more than what i paid for it, so im already ahead of the notes.

Back