Best springs for mazda3

Franco-hows the ride? smoother or rougher? i've been wanting to drop mine for awhile and i love tein from my 240sx days, but it was definately a rougher ride

You also have to remember that the lower you go, the more you screw up your suspension geometry. There was just a good article about that in Sport Compact Car not long ago.

that is true, but some lowering spring tend to be better quality in keeping the ride smooth. thats why tein has h-tech(luxury) and s-tech(sport)? i might be wrong with the names of the tein's but im pretty sure they had springs for luxury cars that didnt sacrifice so much ride quality

I didn't mean my post to be directed toward any manufacturer of springs. It's just that for me, I think anything much more than Racing Beat's 0.5 to 0.75 inches (depending on who you talk to) is probably too much, and the benefits of going lower are outweighed by the changes to suspension geometry and hazards of daily driving. Then again, I'm not fond of the "slammed" look. Anything over 1.5 inches of drop on this car looks silly, IMO, and I think half-an-inch is just about perfect.

i know, i was mainly talking about all manufacturers then i got specific with tein. i wasnt attacking or anything.

the side markers where spray painted black n clearcoated.
thanks

Sorry to jump what color bulbs? I used blue with a clear lense. Guess you can get ticketed for not being an orange or yellow tint in ny but it looks good with cosmic blue at night.

You also have to remember that the lower you go, the more you screw up your suspension geometry. There was just a good article about that in Sport Compact Car not long ago.

I would prefer to say, change geometry rather than screw up. Leave spring design to the experts imo. That was an informative article. Thats why I only use vehicle specific Tuned suspension parts. They very much need to work together. Unless you understand all geometrical relations to the axle an bumpsteer mumbo jumbo! I'm just not that smart about the details! peace

Sorry to jump what color bulbs? I used blue with a clear lense. Guess you can get ticketed for not being an orange or yellow tint in ny but it looks good with cosmic blue at night.

i left the stock bulbs i just sprayed the original marker!
yea plus im already gettin bs for blacked out reflector and brake lights no i wouldnt wanna b changing bulb color!

i left the stock bulbs i just sprayed the original marker!
yea plus im already gettin bs for blacked out reflector and brake lights no i wouldnt wanna b changing bulb color!

Yep just another way to profile us If you got window tint around these parts your gonna get a talking to at some point I'm thinkin coilovers ...h&r... mazdaspeed who else carries coilovers .sorry about off topic got caught up abit.

Last edited:
that is true, but some lowering spring tend to be better quality in keeping the ride smooth. thats why tein has h-tech(luxury) and s-tech(sport)? i might be wrong with the names of the tein's but im pretty sure they had springs for luxury cars that didnt sacrifice so much ride quality

the "h" stands for "high" and the "s" stands for "stylish"

that's why i want the h techs, looks aren't as important to me

I had both the sportlines and pro-kit. While I love the look of the sportlines, the pro-kit was probably more functional.

Don't you have rub in the rear? thats alot of drop wow where can I get spring rates and pricing?

no rubbing in the rear. 1.3 isn't that much on a drop when you compere it to skunk2, eibach sportlines or a few others.

I havent been on for awhile and didnt realize how far this thread has gone (uhm) ive searched around a little more and i might go for the progress cause it gives it a nice drop and im more for function than looks but i dont want any problems with rear camber so does anyone have a pic of the drop with racing beats since they have such a mild drop

Intermediate Side Marker lamps are not required in the US on vehicles less than 30 feet long, so it is okay to black them out on the 3, but if you keep them, they must be amber and not any other color, and must be functional on both sides.

That's a DOT requirement (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108, S5.1.1.3, S5.3.1 & Table II) and your state has nothing to do with it.

Back