BC Coilover Setup: Compression/Rebound Settings, Ride Height Adjustment, Camber, Etc.

The lowest you can get with the BC's in there rear is a finger gap. If you want to try lower, you can try taking off the bottom ring and lower the ring that holds the spring. If anything, 1/2 finger gap. If you got more money, try seeing if you can get a shorter spring from either BC or another company.

well i dont have more money so what do u think about keeping back set up the way it is? i have stock shocks w/ road magnet springs. and just fix the front. just asking opinion.

If this isn't low enough for you, you have problems.

IMG_1374-small.jpg

i had to mod mine as well, i just bent it in some.

lower number = softer ride
higher number = stiffer ride

thanks for the clarity. Wow alot of people run these things pretty soft...I have mine are 14f and 16r and they dont feel that stiff as of now. Those wondering about the rear drop, I took out the lower ring to get the spring lower but with the shock already adjusted to as low as it goes I still have about a 1/2 to 1 finger gap. Thats with 225/40's on stock rims.

thanks for the clarity. Wow alot of people run these things pretty soft...I have mine are 14f and 16r and they dont feel that stiff as of now. Those wondering about the rear drop, I took out the lower ring to get the spring lower but with the shock already adjusted to as low as it goes I still have about a 1/2 to 1 finger gap. Thats with 225/40's on stock rims.

225/40 is 14mm shorter, or about a half inch.

no problem, the only thing you need to be careful about running them stiff is the possibility of blowing them out. If you hit something in the street with them real stiff, theyll pop for sure. The stiffer settings are really just for track purposes only. good luck

Thanks Wastegate. Since he is running 225/40's, he must have like almost a finger gap.

I don't know what tire size Mushdawg is running in that pic either. My big concern with lowering was to get the front down. I could not stand that the front sat higher than the rear stock on this car.

no problem, the only thing you need to be careful about running them stiff is the possibility of blowing them out. If you hit something in the street with them real stiff, theyll pop for sure. The stiffer settings are really just for track purposes only. good luck

I dont think I will have to worry about them blowing up considering I am only about halfway towards the hardest setting so I have a "comfort zone". I actually might try to soften the dampening a little and see how I like it.

Just an update for those interested. I had removed one of the rear rings and lengthened the shock body yesterday. The height is sitting at about 1 very tight finger which is ok, I'd prefer it a bit higher. The ride characteristics have totally changed though. The car is much more bouncy and feels less solid than it did when I had both rings, adjusted to the lowest setting and the shock adjusted all the way down. I think with the shock extended the car is riding more on the spring than the shock which will cause the bounciness.

I think I'll put back in the rear rings and adjust the shock only a few turns from the lowest setting and see how that is.

ya you wanna adjust it so that the spring is not too compressed compared to the length of the shock, or vice versa- that will cause bouncy-ness. It must be adjusted in equal proportions. I wanna cut down the threads on the adjustment part for the shock and shave the rubber spacer above the springs down to get my car about .5" lower. I already removed the lower of the two rear rings. If I can get my tires (225/40) flush with the wheelwell I will be happy as a clam on a mud bank at high tide

haha thank you man, I am really happy with the BC's. I have a few more of the car and one of the lower ring I took out from the rear spring.....

Attachments

• car front shot.jpg
    car front shot.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 436
  • rolling shot.jpg
    rolling shot.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 416
  • lower crown.jpg
    lower crown.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 322
Back