BC Coilover Setup: Compression/Rebound Settings, Ride Height Adjustment, Camber, Etc.

sup guys i just got mine installed yesterday. i'm surprised the rears were that low out of the box - about a finger high. reading all the comments here some people actually want it lower? the fronts are about 2 fingers high right now but i'll wait til everything settles before i make that adjustment. will post pics later.

Dave
The springs will not do it for you it will have to be a combination of spring and cartridges. It would run you $95 each cartridge and $100 for the pair of springs. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks
Mike

300 + dollars for 1 inch...

$900 for the first 2 inches, $300 for each additional inch after that

Sounds like a bargin

I know my girl was more than willing to shell out $300 to have my deveining done

some quick pics:

jun27-pic1.jpg

jun27-pic2.jpg

jun27-pic3.jpg

Overnight from Japan!

"The parts will run you $290 as mentioned plus shipping. I do want to be sure you are aware these are not the entire corners just the cartridges, springs and some thinner rings. You will need to take apart the coils, its not very difficult but I just wanted to be sure you are OK with that.

If so please provide me a shipping address so that I can send you the quote.

The parts would be making their way straight to you from our overseas office so you would have them with in 2 wks from the time of payment.
Thanks
"

Will post pics once everything arrives.

This is me currently:
4732193552_030005f434_b.jpg

hey guys, i just got some bc coils in the last night however, the height is too high for me out of thebox. so im going to lower it some more tomorrow. Just a quick question, what size wrench would i need for the rear shocks?

Recommended.

bump for such a great thread,I learned a lot from it and will be buying a set of BC shortly

I just installed the BC coilovers. They have been a good investment. They replace the stock springs and the s**t Koni yellows. Koni yellows SUCK. Three of the four Koni yellows that I bought blew out within 20K miles.

So instead of using the s**t "lifetime" warranty, I went with the BC coilovers. At first, the fronts were set at Hardest minus 8/30 clicks (there are 30 clicks from hardest to softest). It was tight as hell, but not suitable for daily driving. Too many lumps and bumps were felt inside the cabin.

I adjusted them to halfway (15/30), and it was better, but still pretty bouncy over everything. So now I have it at softest (30/30). This is better for street driving. It goes over pavement cracks and speed bumps sort of like the stock springs and the Konis (when they were working). The bad part is that the struts up front don't take potholes very well. The suspension drops with the pothole and the strut feels like it doesn't catch up to the wheel dropping so it really clunks when it hits bottom. This is while it is 18 degrees outside and going 35 mph. Still, I like the ride much better for daily driving, and I know where to put them for autocross this season.

Recommended.

If you have them at 30/30 that would be the hardest. Turning left on the knob is soft, turning right is hard.

There are no numbers on the knobs so the 1 - 30 could go either way. They were on the softest possible - either 30 or 1, whichever you like - and they were OK. However, last night I switched them to 10 from the bottom (30) so either 10 or 20 depending on how you look at the numbering. This setting feels perfect for daily driving with many potholes. Again, recommended.

clockwise is the standard to tighten.
In a valve this usually means decreasing flow of fluid, and that will stiffen them.

Back