Battery kill switch for non SCCA???

:
13 CX5
I will be relocating the battery into the spot were the charcoal box was.

My first question is do I need a battery kill switch??? I will route the wires under never going in the cab.

My second question what is the min Amps for the car to start??? 150? if so then I cant get anything smaller or lighter than a dry cell car battery, right??

It would be nice to have a smaller battery to fit in that space. Otherwise it will stick down and catch wind, or I would have to cut a hole in the back of the P5 and have it stick up, and well that would be dumb looking.

Ever see a Miata battery? They are pretty small. Plus they are in the trunk (lots of cable length to reach the starter). I don't know the particular specs on that battery or the starter- but I'd be surprised if they were radically different than a Protege's.

I used to have an Odyssey PC680 battery on my old Saturn autox/track car. It weighed something like 12 lbs and was about 1/3 the size of the stock battery. I only had issues starting the car if I let the car sit for about a month at a time with the battery still connected. When I was daily driving it, I had no problems starting it- even after the car sat outside in single digit temps (Farhenheit) all day long.

Back