Backup Camera Adjustment

I don't mind that the bumper shows - I like having a frame of reference. However, it irks me that part of the license plate is in the image.
On the plus side, you can be certain you're driving the right car. ;-)

BUMP

Anyone find a way to raise the adjustment of the rear view camera?

Thanks Drazick!

Has anyone actually performed this adjustment? I went out this evening and attempted to launch the calibration mode without success. Some of the flow chart terms on pg 09-20-72 (manual 4496) are a bit confusing.
I assume that:
1) the information should display on the Infotainment screen
2) PASSING refers to the main or high beams...or does it refer to the flash-to-pass function of the headlight switch?​
The turn switch instructions are clear enough, as is TURN OFF HEADLIGHTS but what is "TNS" in the light switch OFF=>TNS=>OFF=>TNS=>OFF sequence?

Any suggestions will be apprecitaed.

Thanks Drazick!

Has anyone actually performed this adjustment? I went out this evening and attempted to launch the calibration mode without success. Some of the flow chart terms on pg 09-20-72 (manual 4496) are a bit confusing.
I assume that:
1) the information should display on the Infotainment screen
2) PASSING refers to the main or high beams...or does it refer to the flash-to-pass function of the headlight switch?​
The turn switch instructions are clear enough, as is TURN OFF HEADLIGHTS but what is "TNS" in the light switch OFF=>TNS=>OFF=>TNS=>OFF sequence?

Any suggestions will be apprecitaed.

I do it with success.

Your camera have dinamic guide lines?

Not engine run Its necesary,only two start button push.

Pass with high beams

Right turn right turn

Left turn left turn

Turn on main beams twice or three(i dont remenber)

And push gear box into R

you should see the adjustemt screen

Repeat all process again and you should see setup screen.

Sorry for my very bad english.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks again Drazick! I'll give it a try later and report back.

No dynamic guide lines, just fixed. Can they be enabled per the instructions?

And there's nothing wrong with your English. I'm sure it's way better than my espaol (drinks)

Last edited:
I tried this and don't think the logic is the same for the 2016's I coudn't get anything to happen. does anyone know how to get into the setup screen for the 2016's?

This only run on european cars with dinamic lines cameras.
Fix camera dont have this menu.

Ah, I thought it was to get to a menu option to change between static lines and moving lines

No, there are two different models of cameras, one with dynamic lines and other fixed lines.

The camera with dynamic lines has 7 cables becarse it connect to the CANBUS on the car.

While fixed lines camera has only four cables and connects directly to the screen.

I don't mind that the bumper shows - I like having a frame of reference. However, it irks me that part of the license plate is in the image.

Does anyone else have that?

I noticed yesterday that I can now see part of the licence plate, where I could not before. It "irks" me as well, especially since it is different than it has been, concerns me that it has changed and is possibly now out of alignment.

This only run on european cars with dinamic lines cameras.
Fix camera dont have this menu.

Our Ridgeline's camera had a set screws which allowed up/down and side-to-side adjustment, IIRC.
Any chance that the fixed camera is adjusted manually? (shrug)​
Anyone had eyes on the camera mounting area inside the hatch?

Last edited:
I can see a little bit of my license plate and rear bumper. That's pretty consistent with most vehicles I've had with a rear view camera. The only thing that irked me before was the warning text when the rear view camera was on, but that has since been removed when I installed the AIO tweaks.

I can see a little bit of my license plate and rear bumper. That's pretty consistent with most vehicles I've had with a rear view camera. The only thing that irked me before was the warning text when the rear view camera was on, but that has since been removed when I installed the AIO tweaks.

I would like to adjust the image up so I can still see the hitch ball when installed but I don't need to see the bumper. Problem with the existing adjustment is the warning text at the top of the screen obscures important information, like what's behind me, with useless information like 'audio muted' or somesuch. (uhm)
Not sure your AIO tweaks apply to the TomTom system in our 2015.5.

Back