Baby Evo Hood For Sale (Maybe ;) )

Would You Buy One of Those "Baby Evo" Hoods if They Were Available?

• Hell Yeah! I GOTS to get me dat hood, G!

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ummm, probably, if i have the money available.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • naww, that sh*t is ugly man! your crazy!

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
yo yo.. so heres the question... If i got my guy at TC Spoiler to make that baby Evo hood that everyone was jockin in this post:

http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?s=&postid=76326#post76326

how many people would actually be interested in purchasing one?? The guy will do it for sure if he has enough input from people who are interested... serious inquiries only please, as I do not want the guy to end up loosing money on this.. he will DEFINITELY give a great price tho, dont get me wrong... just dont want him to make a custom mold and have no use for it...

oh yah.. and for those who actually care.. I GOT MY GOD DAMN ROTORS!!! FINALLY!!! I HATE YOU MAZDA!!!! 3 weeks just for rear rotors.. now thats some amazing customer service right there man....

Last edited:
I would have to see it in real life but I may be interested at around cristmas time sounds really cool!!! about how much will it cost?

yah... i understand wanting to see it before you buy it... im not lookin for a 100% for sure answer... but basically.. if it is good quality and a nice looking hood, would you be interested, is what im asking... not too sure on a price... shouldnt be too expensive.. especially if enough ppl like em and want one...

and i just remembered... i could be wrong.. im gonna check right now.. but doesnt Stou have a hood like that one??

ok.. just checked... i was half wrong half right... he does have a hood KINDA like that... but its not really the same... i do dig his hood though :)

naww, that sh*t is ugly man! your crazy!
fooo sure that s*** is ghetto thug rize.

Seruoisly that s*** is PIMP and I would buy one...it looks so(omg)

im definitely interested......if it is CF then it needs to be paintable
but it can be metal, fiberglass, carbon fiber, cotton, gortex, hell i dont care........as long as I can paint it :)

just my input on your design process (or his)

I dont like the EVO VII hood as much, where it has those black vents, but they look flush with the rest of the hood. I like the concept MSP pic where there are two seperate sections and each one is either recessed a little bit in the front or has a little wind deflector over it. I also like the EVO V style where there is one big wind deflector in the front of the vents......

just curious would he sketch up a concept or something or lay it out in CAD ahead of time so we could all take a look before it goes into production

and what kind of ETA are we looking at here? spring? christmas? november?

just my input.......

My main concern is will he sell the little wind deflector things seperate. That's all I want. I have my own little secret plan for a CF hood.

not sure what approx cost would be.... there are cheapy hoods for as much as $200 and there are good hoods from companies like fiber images for as much as $800.... it will probably be mid-ranged between there... maybe closer to a lower number.... ;) if i can talk him into it... i think this could be done w/ in a few weeks... he told me to give him my hood and in 2 weeks he can make a CF duplicate... great quality w/ nice skeleton, edges, etc... so im thinking something a little more custom shouldnt be more than an extra 2 weeks to a month max... but i'll let you guys know...

Also.. I'm gonna print out a copy of this thread every couple days or so and show it to him so he can work off your ideas...

I'm going to try and talk to him this weekend again so that I can get a for sure answer on what he thinks can be done.... how long it would take... and an approx cost....

sweet will those ducts be part of the hood or will they be seprate? I deffantly would want to paint it if i got one so would leaving the c/f unfinished( no clear coat) bring the cost down?

Do it! Hell if you dont get it done, I will find a way. I have been talking about getting a custom EVO style hood made for a good while now. I'd just like to see it done in fiberglass or whatever. Not really big on CF especially painted. CF looks like crap when you paint it. Looks lumpy.

i love the idea of the hood and down for the cause............i also want to know bout the bodykit stlye too, can tc spoiler make that same body kit but i'm not too crazy bout the front bumper......... if he can make it similiar to our stock one w/ exe front lip and splitter included or a wide mouth stlye!

Like what is a baby Evo Hood? Like a monster hood thing? Or a hood on the evo 6's? Can some one post a picture. Thanks. Hey Protege01mp3 you never called man when I was in LBC. Well yea I saw like 2 mp3's. There was one blue, stock, and another stock yellow one. I would buy one but I would probably want I could paint because I haven't seen carbon fiber on a blue mp3 yet. Hey does anyone know if I could get the Autoexe lip in carbon fiber. I saw a post saying a i could but were would I order it on the internet? Thanks. (flame2) :< I like that cartoon muahaha

PhyschoMP3 said:
Like what is a baby Evo Hood? Like a monster hood thing? Or a hood on the evo 6's? Can some one post a picture. Thanks. Hey Protege01mp3 you never called man when I was in LBC. Well yea I saw like 2 mp3's. There was one blue, stock, and another stock yellow one. I would buy one but I would probably want I could paint because I haven't seen carbon fiber on a blue mp3 yet. Hey does anyone know if I could get the Autoexe lip in carbon fiber. I saw a post saying a i could but were would I order it on the internet? Thanks. (flame2) :< I like that cartoon muahaha

ok..
1. "Like what is a baby Evo Hood?" - I think in one of the earlier posts i posted a link to the thread w/ the pictures in it... its the one called "scans from mazda fuel magazine" or somethin like that

2. "Hey Protege01mp3 you never called man when I was in LBC" - Yah.. sorry man.. still no brakes... and had somethin i needed to take care of....

3. If you wanna see carbon fiber on the blue mp3 go to the thread called "2 tight proteges part II" and look at the section8 mp3 (BOMB ASS MP3 by the way...)

4. you can get the autoexe lip in carbon fiber from DG Motorsports... as well as CF sideskirts, hoods (wait.. maybe i shouldnt mention that in this post.. hehe), and i hear that they are gonna release the grill insert in carbon fiber too...

Back