Baby Evo Hood For Sale (Maybe ;) )

Would You Buy One of Those "Baby Evo" Hoods if They Were Available?

• Hell Yeah! I GOTS to get me dat hood, G!

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ummm, probably, if i have the money available.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • naww, that sh*t is ugly man! your crazy!

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
DG Motorsports

I think DG Motorsports is our best bet as far as getting an EVO style hood produced. Lets put a bug in their ear, or maybe even a couple of bugs!

Last edited:
yah... but whats their price gonna be???..... i mean s*** man... their carbon fiber hood w/ the tiny little ram air vent is like 1200...lol.. and the regular OEM style CF hood is like 700... THATS A 500 DIFFERENCE FOR A TINY LITTLE VENT.... i'd hate to see how much it costs when they have to make vents that dont look like s***... bout 1800???... **** that... I could almost afford a decent turbo setup for that... save up another couple months and I'd be set.... im not paying over a G for a ****** hood.... If no one else wants one and they wanna pay too much for a hood then I'll just have the guy make me a custom one... he already told me he'd make me one for free.... and i figured you guys would want a nice quality stylish hood for a decent price...

anyway.. sorry about lagging on the details guys.. its still in the works... I've been sooooooo damn busy w/ work and school and appointments on weekends i havent really had time to catch up on much.. (plust i FINALLY broke down and bought GT3... and now i have NO free time) but i promise i will get the pricing info and everything else this week/weekend....

and BTW.. yah.. price=quality... but something can only be soo good.... i dont think that even the best Fiber Images hood should be worth as much as that dg hood... especially when its not even "stylish"... its just got a stupid little ram air vent... (ok its not stupid if you have a ram air intake)...

sorry.. not trying to rant and rave....

I would 100% buy that hood assuming it came in fiberglass (best) or carbon fiber (second best), but a steel hood wouldn't be worth it.

If you guys offered it in fiberglass, I'm sur eyou coudl save a bundle - I'm not too sure about the quality that could be had if you made carbon fiber, I mean, no offense, but only well set companies liek fiber images tend to make affordable hoods with nice thread weaves. I'd have to get a testimony from someone else on the carbon fiber quality before I'd buy one.

As for that rear bumper on the car - the protege5's have no real options for a rear bumper, and if you made THAT, you'd get a ;pt sold as well.

Last edited:
i would be harrasin you to get my evo hood asap but.....well.....my mazdaspeed seems to be taking its sweet ole time in getting here.

I like the way it looks...and IF I had a turbo would consider it....

of course I am one of those "SLEEPER" kind of guys that likes to take advantage of unsuspecting punks too.....so maybe I will just keep her stock on the outside.

(stash)

the guy said he was interested in doing it... he want to see what kinda response I get... and he needs to calculate an ETA and a price... i SHOULD know by this weekend... trust me... I want one of those hoods just as much as most of you do... I'll keep you posted... once again.. sorry about lagging... but during the week i work/school for about 15 hours straight... so i have NO free time... and my weekends are pretty tight now too... but I'm tryin man.. I really am

OK OK!!! I GOT UPDATES!!!!

talked to the guy today... he can make the hood... very reasonable price too... its gonna be $525-550 US!!! thats seriously.. a damn good price... some may not think so.. but just go to DG Motorsports and see what their hood w/ the ugly little vent costs....

anyway.. this will be a good quality hood... and here comes the best part...

the kit from the picture (in the "scans from mazda fuel magazine" thread)... he can make that too... I can't give a price quote yet.. but it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $900-1000 for the whole kit... please.. let me know your thoughts on this...

as for the hood... we need ATLEAST 15 ppl willing to purchase the hood and use pay pal or somethin.. ive never done an online transaction before.. suppose you guys could send the checks or somethin... since its kinda more secure i guess.. or however you want to do it... so yah.. atleast 15 orders and we can get em made... shouldnt take more than 1-2 months they said.. at the most...

anyway... I need SOLID responses about the hood.. and I'm not trying to cross over and boudaries... seeing as how I'm not an Authorized Vendor, but if maybe I could speak w/ you enry, or anyone else that could maybe point me in the right direction

let me know you guys!

thanks

550 for a carbon fiber hood, or fiberglass? I will definatley buy one if cabron fiber - BUT I'm not in a position right now to do so, you have to allow people enough time to save up for it. Heck I mean I want coilovers and rims, and they are available, but i can't get em just yet. I hate to see this project go down the tubes because not enough people buying it - just give us some time, I'll buy one soon enough ;)

as for the kit, the only thing I'd want is that awesome rear skirt..... but it woudl have to fit a protege5

Equinox said:
I'm not in a position right now to do so, you have to allow people enough time to save up for it.

Hell yea man..I'd kill for one of those hoods, but if I buy one it will be in early June. I can go as far as guarantee I will buy this in early June if I like the prototype and it is paintable. If I like the body kit, I'd probably purchase parts of it sometime during that summer.

IMO I would tell the guy to just make them, becuase even if he doesn't get enough MP3 support, he will be one of the only people out there with a kit that will fit the MSP..s***, That's 3 cars (P5, Mp3, and MSP)of aftermarket with one hood and one body kit! (Of course excluding the rear section for the P5 people...) You can't get much better than that...

KzA said:

Hell yea man..I'd kill for one of those hoods, but if I buy one it will be in early June. I can go as far as guarantee I will buy this in early June if I like the prototype and it is paintable. If I like the body kit, I'd probably purchase parts of it sometime during that summer.

IMO I would tell the guy to just make them, becuase even if he doesn't get enough MP3 support, he will be one of the only people out there with a kit that will fit the MSP..s***, That's 3 cars (P5, Mp3, and MSP)of aftermarket with one hood and one body kit! (Of course excluding the rear section for the P5 people...) You can't get much better than that...

four cars, you forgot the protege sedan it would fit as well.

ok what material will it be made out of, and if we dnt have the money now, will it be available in a efw months, i just bought a p5 and i dont have that much money yet.

OK heres the deal:

the guy wants money up front, because the mold alone costs about $1500 US, plus the production for each hood. They aren't willing to make the mold unless they are sure they can sell ATLEAST like 15... and they want the money up front for the production costs... and I know that none of you wanna put the money up front, especially without a prototype even... I know I wouldn't wanna put the money up.. so heres the plan..

I'm gonna save for the next couple months or so, and BUY the mold... yup.. get the mold made, and then i'll pay whatever it costs to get each hood produced from the mold, and from there I can charge whatever I need to make profit to make my money back... that way.. by the time I have everything in line, you guys will all have been able to save up enough to purchase the hood from me :) I think that should work out.. and then i can start selling the hoods to performance shops... cuz the hoods an just for the MP3 anymore... we got MP3.. P5... now the MSP and the new Proteges... all have the same hood... so thats four diff cars... 2 limited production and 2 mass produced vehicles.. I think I could make some money off this after word gets out...

And THE MATERIAL IS GONNA BE CARBON FIBER! :) I was pretty sure I mentioned that 2 or 3 diff times ;)

Last edited:
Protege01MP3 said:
OK heres the deal:

the guy wants money up front, because the mold alone costs about $1500 US, plus the production for each hood. They aren't willing to make the mold unless they are sure they can sell ATLEAST like 15... and they want the money up front for the production costs... and I know that none of you wanna put the money up front, especially without a prototype even... I know I wouldn't wanna put the money up.. so heres the plan..

I'm gonna save for the next couple months or so, and BUY the mold... yup.. get the mold made, and then i'll pay whatever it costs to get each hood produced from the mold, and from there I can charge whatever I need to make profit to make my money back... that way.. by the time I have everything in line, you guys will all have been able to save up enough to purchase the hood from me :) I think that should work out.. and then i can start selling the hoods to performance shops... cuz the hoods an just for the MP3 anymore... we got MP3.. P5... now the MSP and the new Proteges... all have the same hood... so thats four diff cars... 2 limited production and 2 mass produced vehicles.. I think I could make some money off this after word gets out...

And THE MATERIAL IS GONNA BE CARBON FIBER! :) I was pretty sure I mentioned that 2 or 3 diff times ;)

You are doing your community proud man, I'll buy it from you, 100%, just cause yer the man =)

if only i lived in pasadena.......id buy the mold tomorrow!

oh well, guess we'll have to wait a few months.....

so whats the deal with CF? I have heard some ppl say there are issues with trying to paint it.....is this true? Are there other examples online of CF things this guy has made so we can see quality and whether or not ppl were able to paint them?

OK guys.. bad/good news all at the same time.... It turns out the guy wont just sell me the mold... he wants to keep the mold if he makes it.. but he wont make it unless i get him 15 ppl up front... seems kinda shady to me... so theres really no way this can happen through this guy... so I'm lookin around.. I got a few other connections I can talk to about getting this done... because whoever does make the mold will make BANK! like was said above... that is 4 diff cars that the hood will fit on... which is part of the reason I would buy the mold.. and start selling the hoods to shops and other ppl... anyway.. I'm really trying to keep on this and find someone that does quality work and will work with me on this... anyway.. for now its on hold.. I'll definitely keep you updated

I personally say we try to get someone to do it as a group..I think a manufacturer would listen to a large group like this more than just one person...So maybe we should come up with some sort of way to ask as a group

Back