Baby Evo Hood For Sale (Maybe ;) )

Would You Buy One of Those "Baby Evo" Hoods if They Were Available?

• Hell Yeah! I GOTS to get me dat hood, G!

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • ummm, probably, if i have the money available.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • naww, that sh*t is ugly man! your crazy!

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
yah.. but no one wants to put money up front w/ out even a prototype... and i dont know of many companies that would manufacture something just because someone said they wanted it... without the orders being placed and some form of payment being used there wont be much of a chance at this... If we all wanna come at a company thats big.. like APC (**** THAT!) and were to inform them of the market for something like this on all 4 protege models... then maybe.... but thats just because its a huge company that has money to spare and is always looking for another market to invade.... but other than that.. i dont know how we would go about it...

I think everyone pitching in together for the mold... and then we find a company that will produce the hoods... and we can pay for each one... that way everyone gets a good deal... and its pretty fair... yah.. let me see if i can contact someone about just creating the mold for us... find out a price.. and we can all pitch in (if your willing) for the mold... then we can get the hoods at the manufacturers price... and ppl who decide they want one, but didnt throw in on the mold can pay a little extra.. since that would be only fair (only like an extra $50-100)

hmm.. c'mon guys... lets get this rolling... let me know what your willing to work with! :)

I know this may not be all too easy but couldn't someone like get some sources at MAZDASPEED to get the ball rolling with them so we could get some reliable hoods that will fit the car exact and where we wont have to worry about the painting and all that? Couldn't they just take some extra hood they have lieing around and modify it then make mass copies? That seems to be something that would be very easy and profitable for them. I would think they could even have metal black and orange and whatever other colors needed. Maybe not and i'm sure that I do not know much about this subject but it would just seem a little easier and more reliable to me to do it that way. I say we try pattitioning to them about it or something. Well, whatever, let me know what you think.

holy s***!!!!! sorry guys!!! I meant to post about this... and actually.. thought that i did.... i think i started to write the post at work but never submitted it.. anyway...

my plan is dead... i wanted to buy the mold myself... or even have ppl pitch in for the mold and the production of hoods... but the company that was gonna do it wont just do the mold... they want to make profit off it also... there were a few other things preventing my previous plans.. i wont get into them right now as im at work and dont have much time to post about this... ill give u guys more details later... but the idea is dead... i cant get it to work.. i just dont have enough free time to try to get this rolling im at work/school 16+ hrs a day... and by the time i finish any errands i have to run... i dont get home untill about 11 pm.. and have to wake up for work at about 7am... I'm gonna keep looking around and trying to see what i can figure out... i just dont wanna keep ppl waiting if there isnt much of a for sure thing goin on... anyway.. ill give u guys more details later.. but for now.. the idea is dead... please feel free to give any suggestions as to how we might go about this.. because i still want that damn hood!!!!!!!!!!!! I know APC and Erebuni are releasing some similar hoods.. but i just loved the way that one on the concept drawing looked... anyway.. yah... more details later... sorry guys.. :(

if 10 of us pitched in $150 we could get it made. the first ten of us could be your "investors" i am sure some people would buy that hood. find out how much they are going to sell it for, the final price. im sure we all could help you out. i would. who is in with me?

only thing is make sure that it will be made of good mateirial so it doesnt break.

i still like the idea of trying to find a company w/ a good reputation that everyone on the board trusts and convince them to make the hood... for example (i know i talked s*** before) DG Motorsports... everyone seems to be very satisfied w/ that company.. the only drawback is the prices they give... if they are selling hoods that they mass produced for 1200+ how much are the gonna charge us to develop a new product??? and then theres the whole thing about ppl having to put money up front... no company will do anything w/out some form of payment/guarantee of payment... thats the reason i suggest a company we all know and trust and would be willing to give our money to in advance... i dont know.. just some ideas.. im tryin to throw anything i can out there

Pro5OnSpeed said:
if 10 of us pitched in $150 we could get it made. the first ten of us could be your "investors" i am sure some people would buy that hood. find out how much they are going to sell it for, the final price. im sure we all could help you out. i would. who is in with me?

only thing is make sure that it will be made of good mateirial so it doesnt break.

u know what.. that is a damn good idea... i dont see any reason why the guy wouldnt make the mold if we paid for it.. even if they wanted to keep it and sell the hoods themselves... we could pitch in for the mold.. and then whoever wanted to buy the hoods could... c'mon guys.. we need input here

The only problem i see here is that we all will have to go into this place to put down our money seperate. Then we are still risking alot becuase what if it doesnt come out good? Another thing is what about that money we give to make the mold? Will that money go towards the purchase of the final hood or will it just go burn a hole in our pocket? This is because I would doubt this company would kick back some of the profits to the "investors" of this project. If this happens we will end up spending more than the people that just come along and see the final development and buy it at the same price as us. THAT WOULD SUCK ASS!!! Anyway, I agree more with ditching that company and going with a bigger name more reputable company. Perhapts MAZDASPEED??? That would be ideal!

reputableness

hmmmm
what about wings west? DG Motorsports does cost alot. $375 for the bottom kit thats not even a full bumper? hmmmmmm. if we got ALOT of us , i mean ALOT of us the risk wouldnt be that great. we could work with the company to set up an account and pay by pay pal. that way the company would get the money easy.

we have power in numbers. the more numbers we have the more we could influence. who is with me?

TedManEight said:
The only problem i see here is that we all will have to go into this place to put down our money seperate. Then we are still risking alot becuase what if it doesnt come out good? Another thing is what about that money we give to make the mold? Will that money go towards the purchase of the final hood or will it just go burn a hole in our pocket? This is because I would doubt this company would kick back some of the profits to the "investors" of this project. If this happens we will end up spending more than the people that just come along and see the final development and buy it at the same price as us. THAT WOULD SUCK ASS!!! Anyway, I agree more with ditching that company and going with a bigger name more reputable company. Perhapts MAZDASPEED??? That would be ideal!

well we wouldnt have to necessarily put our money down seperate... we could do a group thing... and yes.. there is always the chance that the quality wont be up to par for some ppls tastes... and yah i doubt that we would see any kickback.. which would mean we spent more money than joe schmoe who came along in 6 mo w/ his 03 -> mp3 wannabe conversion and pick up the hood for less than we did... but what r u gonna do?? if thats the only way to get the mold made.. then just think of it as you spending a little extra for a new product... because even if we didnt have to pay for the mold... i'd bet that a few months down the line the price would drop anyway... thats just the way the world works.. it'll get cheaper the longer its been around... and as for mazdaspeed... im against that.. because they are still a part of the mazda company.. and hopefully you all know how i feel about mazda... (as a company... the cars are amazing.. just dont like the ppl behind it..)

Well, instead of a kick back, we could get a discount (and a pretty big one) on the final product. Also, we would have say in development of the product. That way, if something in unsatisfactory, we would be at fault. That takes a lot of pressure off the manufacturer.

would be nice to have dg do it....they have experience making true naca ducts(ie their cf hood with naca duct) just like on some of the Evo hoods.....they'd probably do a good job with the larger ducts (as seen on the MSP drawings)

yah... but then it would cost about 2,000 US... we already explored that option... DG likes to rape on prices... I mean.. if someone else wants to take over and try to get DG to do it.. and everyone wants to pay over 1,200... go for it... i think DG does GREAT work.. and they have really great products too... but they are EXPENSIVE... i mean look at the cf hood they have for the mp3/p5 w/ that ugly (but functional) little air duct... its like 1,200!! imagine if they had to design a real, nice looking, and still functional hood scoop... it would be ATLEAST 1,500... and I personally, dont wanna pay any more than about 800 - 1000 for a cf hood...

Doesn't the hood from DG come with the AEM intake and ducting to the intake from the hood making it that price. I would say that if they were to make a different hood that it wouldn't cost too much more than their standard one but I doubt they would make it as they already have made 2.

ohhhh ok... that makes more sense then... if it comes w/ the aem and the ducting then the price is a little more reasonable... and if thats the case.. then perhaps dg would be a good bet... but now that you also pointed out the fact that they may not want to design a third hood... that also makes sense... i dont know.... anyone dealt with them yet? perhaps you know a representative that helped you when you ordered?? if anyone wants to try and contact them... go for it...

I really haven't been keeping on it to be honest... I'm super busy all the time with work and school... but I've been keeping my eyese and ears open for any good propsitions... so far i havent come across anything though....

once again... If anyone has any ideas.... feel free guys

look for the thread about a wings west hood......basically has a generic evo style vent built into it. its listed on the nopi site for sale and as a wings west hood but not mention of it on WW site......also worth noting there are no pics of it, pic on nopi site is of same hood but for diff car..

methinks that modifying our stock hoods would be cheaper and easier.

Look for pics of the WW MP# at SEMA and you will see their new CF hood. I don't know if anyone got really good pics of it though.

Yeah...that might be a contender for my money (when I have it that is)....I'm looking at the APC one right now, but I want to mod it so that the bottom of the "scoops" have a vent there to let the engine bay breath a bit.

Back