2017~2024 Auto climate control always turns on AC

So by cranking up the temp I think you’re just artificially creating that larger delta. I don’t like it running full blast anyway so I’m glad they don’t do that when it’s not extreme.

Bunch of car nerds on this site. [emoji23][emoji106]We must get to the bottom of this.

I know on the Ford if I crank it all the way in either direction it interprets that as you want max and kind of overrides auto. I haven’t tried that on the Mazda but wouldn’t be surprised if it does the same. They do this is suspect for people who want it to work like the red blue dial. The problem for heat is that high fan speed before the engine is warmed up means blast of cold air vs the system waiting for sufficient heat and ramping up more gradually which is more pleasant imo. Use the heated seats. Those are nearly immediate. ;)

a57ebffa93819d72245fa647bea044bd.jpg

Exhibit A

It wasn’t blowing cold. This was after the engine was warmed up and 15 F outside.

I’m showing you don’t need to set it to 90 for it to heat aggressively once the engine is warm enough. I say it’s working properly.

It wasn’t blowing cold. This was after the engine was warmed up and 15 F outside.

I’m showing you don’t need to set it to 90 for it to heat aggressively once the engine is warm enough. I say it’s working properly.

Agreed. It will heat aggressively to your chosen setting... I've had no need to raise it higher then lower it. Doing that kinda defeats the 'auto' part of it.

If one is that cold when first getting in, one should where more warm clothing (lol)

Thanks for the pdfs!, but if I understand correctly, since US models don't have ECO feature nor a humidity sensor, AC on probably indicates compressor running.

I don’t think so as it’s not safe to run in sub freezing temps and even when it was -15 F here mine said ac on. I think it just always says that in auto. We should stop reading into it.

Thanks for the pdfs!, but if I understand correctly, since US models don't have ECO feature nor a humidity sensor, AC on probably indicates compressor running.

In the one instance I had my ac running I could hear the compressor cycling off and on. It must be the typical Nippondenso compressors as the sound they make is obvious

I think AC on is driver permission to the car to use AC as necessary. AC off, means compressor will not come on.

Latest posts

Back