2017~2024 Auto climate control always turns on AC

I have mine set to 68 in winter. 76 does seem pretty aggressive. I don’t keep my house that warm either.

You’re definitely not in auto.

I just love auto mode. Adjust the temperature and it does it's job aka set and forget :D

68? 76? Jesus. I set mine to 90 until it's HOT then drop it until I'm comfy. [emoji16]

90? I didn’t think it went that high. 72 is enough for me but 66 is generally perfect except in real cold weather. The heated seats keep the bum and back warm. Auto all the way.

Mine was normally set between 21 to 24 Celsius (69.8 to 75.2 Fahrenheit) all year round except when getting in when the car has been parked in the sun during summer and then the dial goes down to 18 Celsius (64.4 Fahrenheit)

Y'all must not be Northerners. It's 7 here today. Dropping to -2 tonight. 68s not cutting it here.

If you’re setting it to 90 until it’s warm then turning it down you’re defeating the point of auto. It’s like the thermostat in your house. If it’s set to say 70 and it’s 32 it’s going to heat to that set temperature. Setting it to 90 instead won’t make a difference aside from requiring you to manually intervene. It’s cold outside and I’ll have to walk in that cold at places I’m driving to so I’m typically wearing a jacket or coat. And in that case upper 70s is just uncomfortable.

Just use the seat warmers and drop the climate control temperature down then all good (wink)

Oh I have been last summer....110, 115, 118.....yeah I was complaining. :(

Right now I'm enjoying:)

that said the hot weather does wonders for muscle/arthritis/joint pain. Not to mention women wearing skimpy clothes....and guys too for women reading this.

Sitting by the fireplace, sipping hot cocoa. It ain't all bad. [emoji16]

If you’re setting it to 90 until it’s warm then turning it down you’re defeating the point of auto. It’s like the thermostat in your house. If it’s set to say 70 and it’s 32 it’s going to heat to that set temperature. Setting it to 90 instead won’t make a difference aside from requiring you to manually intervene. It’s cold outside and I’ll have to walk in that cold at places I’m driving to so I’m typically wearing a jacket or coat. And in that case upper 70s is just uncomfortable.
If you set it at Max it will get hotter, faster, no? That's my assumption. Then lower it to where I want it. Tried the 68 after work and it doesn't blow as hard. The fan speed is lower.

For cooling that’s not true. If the car has been sitting in the sun and it’s set for 70 it runs ac on full speed to cool the car down then ramps down. I leave it set in winter too and it starts slow when the engine is barely warm then ramps the fan up once it’s warm enough and then back down when the car is warm. No cold air blast. Maybe try just leaving it at the temp you want and see what it does. It’s not like the red/blue manual dial on lesser cars. I will say the system in the Ford is a bit better. But the Mazda still works properly when left to its own devices IMO.

I really doubt cranking it up will speed up the process as the engine reaching temp is the main delay.

If you set it to 90 in auto the fan will go up to one bar short of full. 68, it's like 3 bars. Proven to me today when I tried 68. Seems to me the car works harder to heat when it has farther to go.
It was still warming up at 68...just slower.
Pretty sure my Saab did the same.

Last edited:
Mine was going almost full on fan speed once the engine was heated at 68. Single digits outside. I suspect you have a smaller delta to ambient maybe. I experience the same in summer. When it’s cooling a car down that’s hot from the sun it’s full speed regardless of 60 or 72. If it’s not that hot say 75 then sure 60 would result in more aggressive cooling.

Back