Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Amazing addition, man! Thank you very much. This surely will help. Much appreciated. <3

No problem Sir,(hi)

Just make certain 'IF' any CX-9 or any other Mazda (MZD) Connect Owner who wants to UPDATE Their Connect to include the interfaces of Car Play and Android Auto.
Just be CERTAIN to Follow MY (Mazda's ) INSTRUCTIONS 100%.

My advise is ONLY what Mazda Officially says TO THEIR Mazda DEALER NETWORK, I worked for the company for many decades, so I know their Japan operations very well in OEM Mazda Parts and Mazda Service.

DO NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS TO THIS INSTALLATION.
EVERY INSTALL MUST HAVE THE NEW 70'S FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE INSTALLED FIRST WITH THE OLD EQUIPMENT STILL INSTALLED.

ONLY use the 2018 FIRMWARE CMU UPDATE PROCEDURE-WORLDWIDE.Pdf in link below..
YES, there will always be those who get away with their own short cuts, do not accept this advise, they are lucky that their CMU did not Brick/Crash/or Boot-loop.
https://mega.nz/#F!3A0DkA4R!pREP1DJkn0HBqVUolHUbXA

THEN YOU CAN REMOVE THE NECESSARY TRIM PIECES TO INSTALL THE ALL NEW 'Aux Hub' AND ALL NEW Two 'USB Data Cables' (A PAIR OF),

THEN YOU CAN TURN ON CARS IGNITION (ORANGE) FOR ABOUT 4 MINUTES SO THE NEW 70'S FIRMWARE INSTALLS CORRECTLY.

Sorry about all caps but I am not going back to re-do ;)

ALSO:
REMEMBER FIRST INSTALL THE CORRECT 70'S FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE FOR YOUR COUNTRY OR REGION, DO NOT INSTALL FIRMWARE MEANT FOR OTHER COUNTRIES.
IF YOU DO, CERTAIN FEATURES WILL NEVER WORK, UNTIL YOU RUN THE CORRECT FIRMWARE.

As of right now..
ONLY EU N or Europe/UK has the correct OEM Mazda Firmware/Software to use EU_70.00.021A_failsafe/reinstall.up (two separate files, one small, one large)
ONLY EU N is available over @ the 3 Rev Forum to download.

Next release is ADR or 4A N for Southern Hemisphere. like Australia/NZ/South Africa/America/South Asia.
That is ADR_70.00.021A_failsafe/reinstall.up (two separate files, one small, one large)

Next release is for North America called NA N for USA/Canada/Mexico.
That is NA_70.00.???A_failsafe/reinstall.up (two separate files, one small, one large)

NA N is SPECIFIC to those Counties, IF you install EU N Firmware YOU WILL LOSE all of your Satellite Radio Services.

While I do NOT recommend installing Firmware for other countries some of it has similarities that will make it work.
EU N and 4A N are Similar and can be used to set up and run CP/AA, BUT you will lose some functions like AM Radio and DAB+ Stereo Audio.
When the correct EU N or 4A N is made available you can then run the software/firmware. Just recall it is something I do not regularly suggest you do.

ALSO JUST REMEMBER MZD/MAZDA CONNECT FIRMWARE/SOFTWARE UPDATES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY DONE BY YOUR LOCAL MAZDA DEALER.
IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE PERFORMED BY THE VEHICLE OWNER.

One MUST install the all NEW 70's Firmware and the TWO all New OEM Parts.
YOU CAN NOT change or skip or not use some parts to think you can get only AA or only CP to work.
Firmware is looking for new Aux Hub, so without it CP/AA will NEVER Work.
And this new Data Interface VIA NEW AUX Hub is transmitted through the NEW Route with the TWO ALL NEW USB DATA CABLES.

There are NO shortcut, it has all been tried and failed before (see 3 Revolution Forum...I am ASH8 over-there)

Here are the CONFIRMED Mazda Genuine Part Numbers for North America NA N.

North America, USA, Canada, Mexico, known as 'NA N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE version for 'NA N' for CP/AA of two .up files.
cmu150_NA_70.00.021A_failsafe.up file MUST be Installed.
cmu150_NA_70.00.021A_reinstall.up file MUST be Installed.
2. TK78-66-9U0C New AUX Unit, MUST be Installed.
3. C922-V6-605 New USB Data Cable set of two, MUST be Installed.

Getting 100% Firmware NA N 70.00.021A is still an issue, you can buy the parts , but without the 70's FIRMWARE
YOU CAN NOT INSTALL THE NEW PARTS!

Last edited:
Europe and UK, known as 'EU N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE version for 'EU N' for CP/AA of two .up files.
cmu150_EU_70.00.021A_failsafe.up file MUST be Installed.
cmu150_EU_70.00.021A_reinstall.up file MUST be Installed.
3. C830-V6-60Z New USB Data Cable set of two, MUST be Installed.

Australia/NZ, Southern Hemisphere, South Asia, Oceania, known as '4A N' on your Touch-screen.
1. FIRMWARE version for '4A N' or 'ADR' for CP/AA of two .up files.
cmu150_ADR_70.00.021A_failsafe.up file MUST be Installed.
cmu150_ADR_70.00.021A_reinstall.up file MUST be Installed.
3. C924-V6-605 New USB Data Cable set of two, MUST be Installed.

ALL INSTALL DIRECTIONS FOR ALL MAZDA SKYACTIV MODELS...
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware

Last edited:
I am in the US. I called the local dealer service department yesterday and was told the 70 update is not available yet for the CX-9. 'Call back later next month'

For those International Buyers who want a source of supply Paul at Mazmart.com (USA) will have stocks by next Thursday Sept 6th in store.
He is selling for $152 USD plus Shipping.
He only sells the US NA N kit, but I am confident that the USB Cable will be OK for ADR 4A N or EU N regions.

Last edited:
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to be available as retrofit this fall

For those looking for latest firmware, including NA_N v70, you can get it here

It took a few tries to download but finally got them. Anyone tried installing them yet? I'd like to keep AIO functionality afterward if possible. I'm also curious if there are any updates other than CarPlay and AA, as I already have AA (with optional Wifi) through AIO already.

If anyone has successfully installed it, can you also confirm these MD5 hashes? The text file hasn't been updated yet.

MD5 (cmu150_NA_70.00.021B_failsafe.up) = d342b61016901cec7e7a61d71d53c53b
MD5 (cmu150_NA_70.00.021B_reinstall.up) = 23fa671ac1a49f293182f835463d0352

For those looking for latest firmware, including NA_N v70, you can get it here

Thank you! So now we are just waiting to see where we can order the AUX unit and cable.

My dealer confirmed they are getting the kits end of this month, I'll be scheduling an apt right away :D

Is there any difference to the previous version apart from CP and AA? Is it possible to install the new firmware without having the new USB ports?

Last edited:
I was able to buy the cables and the Aux hub online today, it cost me $150.00 + shipping. Downloaded V70 last week, so now I'm tapping my fingers in anticipation.

Looks like all 2019 CX-9s will come equipped with ACP/AA. Mazda.ca updated their website to include 2019 info.

Back