Any touch-up paint recommendations for 46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
I know this color is a bear to touch up, but I need to find the best alternative out there for when the inevitable happens. I'm not a fan of paint pens and, judging from all the advisories Mazda tacks on to theirs, it looks pretty hopeless as far as a decent match goes. The most likely alternative seems to be a two step product that comes with a couple of bottles. Anyone have something they've tried that works reasonably well?

You may want to try Dr. Colorchip Dr. ColorChip |. I have used (46V) it on my MX5 with “ok” results. Much better than the Mazda paint pen.

No… the MX5 MY 2018-2023 are 46V. The 2016-2017 are 41V.

Last edited:
Try avoiding the Mazda pens as they always apply thickly, have to shake it out for like an hour to get it to the right color and consistency and it’s pretty noticeable. Pay for a service that does Dr. paint chips they can easily blend the color so it’s less obvious.

I ended up going with this a single 1/2 oz bottle from Automotivetouchup.com ($25+$5 shipping). I've had pretty good luck with their products in the past and I'm not convinced I would get any better result from a two-step paint offered by others. My touch-ups are usually very small and I use micro-dabbers to control the amount of paint I lay down. Clear coat is usually optional, but often unnecessary if the match is decent and I get the depth right after one or two color applications. I'm waiting on a bottle of 46V now to touch up a small nick on the rear bumper, so I'll know soon how it works out.

Latest posts

Back