Any MS6 Problems?

Mazda replace the antenna, but rear keyless button still didn't work. Tech called Mazda and was told it was the switch -- not the antenna -- that needed to be replaced. Part is on order and sounds like a quick repair once the part is in.

No other problems. No howl or whine as reported by a previous poster.

i have 1100 km's on my car, and so far i have not experienced any problems with it.

except that mazda has no part for a block heater for the car....(?)

Posting ID: cheesefarmer
Model: Mazdaspeed6 GT
Duration Owned: 2/03/06-current
Mileage: 1100km
Mods: none
Fuel Octane Used: 94
Problem: none
Conditions Under Which Problem Occurred:
Steps Taken to Address Problem:
Resolution of Problem:
Current Status: watching out for powerloss
Future Plans: TBD.

Update: Module replaced yesterday and everything is now back to normal. Both door switches work properly. Replaced under warranty no questions asked. Didn't get a chance to talk to the tech after it was done so not sure if he soldered the connectors like he originally planned. I'll ask him next week when I take the car in to have the tint on the driver's window redone.

R

New Problem:

Hey guys, my dad's had his Mazdaspeed since november and this is the first problem we are having. One day i took a buddy out to show him the car, i tested it out but didnt NAIL on the car, i floored it about 2-3 times and then just drove along and showed him the features. Anyways i got home and precided to drive the car up the driveway, now my driveway is probably a 30 degree angle and a b**** to get up, after i got up i noticed a raw fish smell and i knew i had burnt the clutch coming up the driveway. Anyways that monday on the way to work the car started to shake back and forth in everygear from 2500-3750rpms. The shaking is like when you go through a playground zone in a standard in 2nd gear and give it gas how it bounces around and whatnot, thats what the car feels like.

Well i took the car to the dealership and they analyzed it and all they could come up with was bad gas.. i told my dad it was bulls*** and that it was something driveline related. Anyways, its been about 2-3 weeks and lots 2-3 fill ups later and the problem is still here.

Anyone got any ideas on what it is?

CSVT said:
New Problem:

Hey guys, my dad's had his Mazdaspeed since november and this is the first problem we are having. One day i took a buddy out to show him the car, i tested it out but didnt NAIL on the car, i floored it about 2-3 times and then just drove along and showed him the features. Anyways i got home and precided to drive the car up the driveway, now my driveway is probably a 30 degree angle and a b**** to get up, after i got up i noticed a raw fish smell and i knew i had burnt the clutch coming up the driveway. Anyways that monday on the way to work the car started to shake back and forth in everygear from 2500-3750rpms. The shaking is like when you go through a playground zone in a standard in 2nd gear and give it gas how it bounces around and whatnot, thats what the car feels like.

Well i took the car to the dealership and they analyzed it and all they could come up with was bad gas.. i told my dad it was bulls*** and that it was something driveline related. Anyways, its been about 2-3 weeks and lots 2-3 fill ups later and the problem is still here.

Anyone got any ideas on what it is?

No real idea what is going on with your car but for you own good stay on Mazda, they try and get out of fixing problems sometimes.

hellcat said:
No real idea what is going on with your car but for you own good stay on Mazda, they try and get out of fixing problems sometimes.

Werd, im gonna take it in again and tell them to check:

Clutch
Flywheel
Swaybar endlinks
Trans Mounts
Motor Mounts
Reflash ECU

Hellcat have them check the clutch sounds like you may have done some damge to it...

Otherwise my speed has had no issues... I have only owned it a week!!! (boom07)

Nolimits: BZZ is right. This is meant to be an INFORMATIVE thread. If you want to muse about the shortcomings of the MS6 that is your own business, but lets keep this thread on topic please.

Thanks,
R

I have had a couple come in with the keyless system not working properly. One was the rear antenna (under the rear bumper) and one was the button in the trunk. The system gives dtc's so it's pretty easy to diagnois.

I haven't seen any other problems yet. We have sold 12 so far.

BlkZoomZoom said:
I have had a couple come in with the keyless system not working properly. One was the rear antenna (under the rear bumper) and one was the button in the trunk. The system gives dtc's so it's pretty easy to diagnois.

I haven't seen any other problems yet. We have sold 12 so far.

You read my mind brother. I was gonna ask what trouble you had seen so far. No other common problems?

R

None. Haven't even had anyone complaining of "the powerloss" issue either. Though there are rumors of a re-flash coming.

BlkZoomZoom said:
None. Haven't even had anyone complaining of "the powerloss" issue either. Though there are rumors of a re-flash coming.
I hope this rumored re-flash doesn't limit the boost........
I'd be pissed if it didn't retain the 274HP rating.

SVOGT said:
I hope this rumored re-flash doesn't limit the boost........
I'd be pissed if it didn't retain the 274HP rating.

After the Rx-8 fiasco I can almost garuntee you that they will not do that. Plus to do that they would change fuel maps, if they do that they have to have it re-certified by the Government for emissions and that takes awhile to do.

DSC / TSC issue

Posting ID: RayO
Model: MazdaSpeed6 GT
Duration Owned: 3 Months
Mileage: 4,000 Miles
Mods: Monster Cable FM modulator for iPod
Fuel Octane Used: 92-93 (damn winter blend)
Problem: DSC/TCS system over applies brakes to control skid / slip
Conditions Under Which Problem Occurred: Under hard accel (especially launching into a 90 Degree turn from a stoplight) the system applies the brakes so agressively that the engine nearly stalls. Problem is mainly when the vehicle is cold, but I've noticed it even when the DSC is trying to control an understeer condition.
Steps Taken to Address Problem: Hasn't been annoying enough yet to harrass the dealer about it, but wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. That and driving a little less aggressive when I know it will act up.
Resolution of Problem: Drive Nice??
Current Status: Same as above...
Future Plans: Really looking into the iPod direct wire and adding boost gauge

anyone got any ideas about my problem? its really getting annoying.

Million and one possibilites. Very possible it could have been bad gas, it is sometimes impossible to determine whether the problem is in the engine or drivetrain. Have you been back to the dealership?

nope, i wanna take it in, my dad is being a PITA and is believing its bad gas, its actually gotten is better now that its warming up tho...

Last edited by a moderator:
CSVT said:
nope, i wanna take it in, my dad is being a PITA and is believing its bad gas, its actually gotten is better now that its warming up tho...

On the other Mazda forum someone mentioned a similar problem IIRC. The consensus was that the driver had "glazed" the clutch face. If I can find the discussion I will post the info for you.

R

CSVT said:

I would post the info from the forum but it spans several posts. Instead if you check under the Mazdaspeed section of the Mazda6club forum under the title "Launch Mishap" (post #48485) you will find some info pertaining to this topic. The consensus seems to be a burnt clutch face in addition to some other problems.

R

Back